Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"PC Games" section in shops getting smaller?

Options
  • 30-01-2005 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

I can't believe how things have changed in the past year in some game shops... the PC section in GAME on grafton st. has withered down to two shelves and the PC hardware is nowhere to be seen... walk up that road to HMV and the once proud PC section is looking pretty shabby and compact.
    The last time I saw a decent selection of PC games was in PC World (blanchardstown)
    Has anyone else noticed this section shrinking in shops?
    Sad to see it really.

The blame game: Why is it shrinking? 24 votes

PC sales are as high as they were before... but console popularity has overtaken it by far.
    0% 0 votes
    The rising popularity of broadband correlates with falling PC software sales.
    25% 6 votes
    PC gamers are more likely per-head to have access to online retailers than console gamers.
    8% 2 votes
    I blame the lack of any decent PC titles.
    45% 11 votes
    Atari Jaguar / I blame solar flares / lol who cares?
    20% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

its probably due to the fact that most pc users tend to buy games on the internet nowadays.

anyways, the PC section in GAME on Dawson Street still looks okay-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, i buy nearly all my games from play.com.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Smiths had a massive PC section last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The introduction of DVD cases for PC games, replacing the traditional big cardboard boxes makes it look smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Games on play.com are sometimes upto €20 cheaper online than in shops, even after shipping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement