Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

want to be on the road for less than 1200e

Options
  • 30-01-2005 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

im 20 years of age
    i want to pick up a second hand moped
    i want to be taxed and insured on it for 12 months
    is it possible to be on the road with a reasonably reliable moped for round 1200e?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have you rung for insurance quotes yet? People here may be able to provide guesstimates but in the end your insurance bill will be whatever they demand.
    This however could/will be several hundred leaving you with enough money to buy a clapped out moped which may require parts further eating into your limited budget.
    You then need a helmet (don't buy 2nd hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and if you are sensible gloves and leathers (I don't think the common sight of shorts & a t-shirt is the correct attire whilst on any bike)

Advertisement