Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

camcorder questions and recommendations

• 30-01-2005 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I am looking into buying a camcorder but have a couple of questions

1. I am looking for a camera that records well in widescreen format, any recommendations?
    2. What features should I look for to allow the camera to be an intermediatory step between VCR and DVD recorder to convert VHS to DVD and how easy is it to do?

3. I have €600-800 budget and was wondering what recommendations people could make good or bad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

I too would be interested in this as I am also currently looking to buy a DVcam in the 600-800euro region. (i dont know if the other person is looking for DV or analog)

I am frightened of the image tearing I have seen when the camera is snapped into a different direction or if there is fast movement onscreen. I dont know if this down to the image processor being too slow, lens not high res enough or shutter speed not fast enough ?!?!

I'm not hijacking the thread :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

...And im looking for a DV cam in the 1000-1500 range :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

recording well in widescrren format isnt that big a problem there is no real good or bad when it comes to recording in widescreen or not the camcorder will either do it or it wont there is no real in between. some camcorders will simply paste black bars top and bottom of the creen but wont compress the image into a widescreen format
    true widescreen is 16:9 format some of the sony minidv camcorders will do this

the HC40 will record in widescreen

it also has an analogue input which will allow you to connect your vhs recorder into it and allow you to output it digitally through the onboard firewire (ilink) socket. most dvd recorrders and pcs have firewire on them

so that covers both requirements and if im not mistaken it should fall within your budget

give alliance electric on gerorges st in dublin a call they are generally pretty good on camcorder prices and regularly do deals with any accessories you might need

Advertisement