Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo are fcuked

Options
  • 30-01-2005 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://cube.ign.com/articles/583/583668p1.html

January 28, 2005 - The mystery surrounding Nintendo's upcoming successor to GameCube, the Nintendo Revolution, has drawn a fair amount of interest from gamers and the public at large. In a recent interview with John Romero, conducted by GameDaily.com, the game maker praised Nintendo's stance on revolutionizing the future of video games. Below, a partial transcript of the interview.

GD: Lastly, what are some of the changes that gamers will see over the next couple of years with the launches of new consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo?

JR: Expect a ton of graphics of high quality. I don't see any revolutions in game design on the XBOX2 and PS3, but we'll see something interesting on the Nintendo Revolution and the Nintendo DS is already doing some cool stuff with the dual screens. I truly respect Nintendo's forward thinking.

Stay tuned for more info on the Nintendo Revolution.

/jesus please god dont let him touch it.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Agreed. The man contracted computer leprosy long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What games did he make?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Doom, which was the most revolutionary computer game of the last 20 years. And Daikatana which was ... er ... not. In fact it was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Wolf3d, Doom, Doom 2, Quake.

Daikatana was a bad period in his career for him, but he still knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

But after the "john romero wants to make you his bitch" advertising campaign for daikatana he really doesn't deserve any respect what so ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You know, I've never actually seen Daikatana in action. Although I'm pretty sure it couldn't deserve all the abuse it gets. Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Goodshape wrote:
    You know, I've never actually seen Daikatana in action. Although I'm pretty sure it couldn't deserve all the abuse it gets. Right?
    likewise.

surely it can't be all that bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

man, I hate this guy.

First of all, Romero got lucky been in the right place at the right time with the FPS genre, since then he considers himself as God of games, the jerkwad.
    his respct in the game industry has gone from god, to practically non existant.
    Just think of it this way, how many FPSs does the GC have? can only think of Metroid myself.

Second, Nintendo sold over 18 Million Gcs sofar, meaning, that there is a market for them, and a big one at that.
    Just because Nintendo isn't making any deals with Romero, he will slag them to a certain degree as he has no idea of their business.

Nintendo can't be put into the niche with Sony and Microsoft, as they have a different sales concept.

All I can say is, give Romero the Sock, and fast, he is pi$$ing me off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ah he wasnt saying he had anything to do with it! he was talking from a developers point of view saying the other two, from what he had seen, were'nt really changing much but the revolution was.

Advertisement