Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aprilla moped problem

Options
  • 30-01-2005 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I have a 00 aprillia sr that will not tick over. It cuts out at the traffic lights if i dont keep it well revd up. I have adjusted the carb but to no avail, and have adjusted the trottle cable but nothing. Anyone any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If this was my bike i'd be adjusting the idle speed. Do mopeds have idle speed?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

is the idle speed the tick over screw?

I think i tried this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

yeah thats it!!! If you tried it what did you do - if you have it even a TINY bit wrong it'll mess everything up.. My bro was at mine a while ago and he had the bike reving WAY too much - i turned the idle speed a bit thinking it wouldn't make that much of a diff and it was too low and the bike kept cutting out. I'd check the idle speed again...There's loads of more experinced bikers on boards like who'll prob give you better advise thou!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

idle screw is the first thing to check. If this doesn't help, you also should check Air filter. Must be correctly fitted as there will be not enough vacuum to suck petrol from the carb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

im selling this bike by thew way if any1s intrested, about 580euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement