Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Wap

Options
  • 30-01-2005 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

I always use my phone to check my emails when i get to the net and its never cost me anymore than 50c.. i got a new phone yesterday and used it 2 check my emails and i got charged 5.68! WTF? i dont understand why it cost so much... have meteor raised their charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

you probaly used gprs

Did you use the Meteor WAP site or the POP3 client on the phone? The WAP site is charged at 2c per kb so there must be something wrong if you used that.

The POP3 client uses the GPRS ISP which is charged at €2.50 per 512kb downloaded. So unless you has 1MB of e-mails then you shouldn't have hit the €5 mark.

Log into My Meteor and view your calls, that also shows WAP usage. If you see anything out of the ordinary then call 1905 and make it known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i rang meteor and they gave me €4 back but i still dont understand y i was charged so much and the girl was pretty stupid aswell. and im still being over charged

Advertisement