Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb wireless

• 30-01-2005 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

what is the digiweb wireless service like - did i read somewhere that they have a problem with P2P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Digiweb are probably the worst ISP to go for if considering P2P!! They throttle bandwith and block known ports so trying to use Bittorrent etc.. with them is like sucking concrete through a straw.
    Keep Clear of 'em!!!!!!!!!!! A quick search of this forum will find Digiweb customers who are far from satisfied

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I am on Digi wireless and in the last 2 weeks or so I have had no problems using limewire. Up to that time it was impossible for me to use limewire. I am now getting speeds on 40+ on limewire. Thats the only p2p that I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Bittorrent etc.. with them is like sucking concrete through a straw.

LMAO!!!!! almost choked on a sandwitch, what a great analogy Vadre.

and btw about throttling, they don't block any ports, they just 1. don't allow many download threads(that's what p2p is all about) 2. sniff individual packets and give much less priority to p2p.

for example, you are using bittorrent, if you click details, you will notice that you are connected to like 5-8 maximum 12 peers, and you can download from 0 to 1-2kb/s from each of those, to reach max speed you will need to connect to many peers, which you can't do, SO, if one of those 5-8 peers can upload at say 50-100kb/s, then you will be able to max out your speed, but chances of meeting someone with that kind of upload speed are very low.

Leo, just wait a month or so, don't forget that there is 30 day free cancellation guarantee, so problems start after those 30 days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

woah nother post to bash digiweb im an x digiweb fan and id say stay the hell away from them not only does p2p suck so does their pings im pinging boards at a stable 200-250 lol no dont get digiweb they suck

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Here are my pings to boards.ie. I am on Digiweb wireless in Waterford.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\*****>ping www.boards.ie

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.131.130] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.131.130: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=58
    Reply from 82.195.131.130: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=58
    Reply from 82.195.131.130: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=58
    Reply from 82.195.131.130: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=58

Ping statistics for 82.195.131.130:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 37ms, Average = 32ms

There not bad for me to be honest. They rarely go above 45ms to Irish sites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

not bad pings at all mine are stable 2 at the moment but really when they do go bad again they wont do **** about it

iv had bad pings for 7 weeks now and wrang them countless times so dont bother with them they aint wort it

Advertisement