Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work grief

• 30-01-2005 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am having a bit of hassle with my boss who only recently was made the new boss. Anyway we have been very busy in work lately and we have been asked to work late every night, which I dont usually have a problem with unless I have plans or whatever. The thing is I was asked to work this weekend so I agreed to work today (sunday) get double time, cab paid for etc but I slept out this morning , I had my phone switched off to top it all off, so I get up around 10:30am switch on the phone and the missed calls start coming in and 1 voice message was in my inbox, which turned out to be my very pissed off boss who was a total w**ker on the phone I couldn't believe the shít he was coming out with an I wont accept this kind of abuse and threatining behaviour from anyone yes I said threatining, who the f**k does he think he is? lucky for me I will be leaving at the end of next week so good riddons to that c**t but I am not going to let this go. I am in a union and I am going to get some advise from them or maybe even or solicitor, but has anyone ever had any trouble like this from an employer? thanks for reading this and any advise given.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if you are in a union, then keep your voice messages, do not delete them, and talk to them.
    their advice is the only one worth considering to be hohnest, but as you are leavig, i would ignore it and just leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

Hal1 wrote:
    Hi all,

I am having a bit of hassle with my boss who only recently was made the new boss. Anyway we have been very busy in work lately and we have been asked to work late every night, which I dont usually have a problem with unless I have plans or whatever. The thing is I was asked to work this weekend so I agreed to work today (sunday) get double time, cab paid for etc but I slept out this morning , I had my phone switched off to top it all off, so I get up around 10:30am switch on the phone and the missed calls start coming in and 1 voice message was in my inbox, which turned out to be my very pissed off boss who was a total w**ker on the phone I couldn't believe the shít he was coming out with an I wont accept this kind of abuse and threatining behaviour from anyone yes I said threatining, who the f**k does he think he is? lucky for me I will be leaving at the end of next week so good riddons to that c**t but I am not going to let this go. I am in a union and I am going to get some advise from them or maybe even or solicitor, but has anyone ever had any trouble like this from an employer? thanks for reading this and any advise given.
    I wouldnt worry about it - he's probably severely incompetent at his new job - even more so when you leave .. so just wallow in the knowledge that he needs you more than you need him. I had a problem with a boss a couple of years ago .. and basically he was just afraid of his job :D take it as a compliment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

I say give him as much grief as you can with your unions etc - break the cycle as he'll only be a prick with whoever takes your place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

yeah yeraulone is right - you'll be a HERO!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ah yes, the prols speak up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement