Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is better...nokia 6630 or V800?

Options
  • 30-01-2005 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

so,due to a series of fortunate events im able to get the 902(when its out)AND either the nokia 6630 and SEv800. OR i cud get a completely different phone...
    ur opinions please?

which is better... 8 votes

nokia 6630
    0% 0 votes
    SE v800
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have both in my hands now and the 6630 is certainly the better phone.. The Series 60 UI is the deciding factor really as the SE UI is still no where near as intuitive as the S60, or even S60, UI..

My own opinion anyway..

The V902 is a very impressive phone. Have not used it for extended periods so am still not 100%.. If you are familiar with using previous Sharp handsets and enjoyed the experience, you will love this handset I reckon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 davidk

Nice choice to have....

Probably mainly a matter of personal taste - for starters do you prefer candybar or clamshell? I also don't really like the look of the 6630 but that's a personal taste! But the 6630

The V800 would be my preference - the 6630 is a bit half-hearted and will be replaced in the not too distant future with a phone capable of proper video calls - and the replacement one looks nicer!

DK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I just moved from a Nokia 7610 to the V800. The Symbian OS is a bit half **sed and although it is good for using office docs and browsing the web etc... it really costs too much to collect & receive emails with attachments and use the interweb properly. I got a €450 bill from O2 over Christmas - for basic web browsing and the odd email!

The V800 offers enough functionality in a very tidy package. T'is a pleasure to use. The UI is far improved on what was on the T630 and it has addressed the major flaws of that phone - camera, email etc.

I saw the Sharp at the weekend while I was in 'The North'. It is a nice phone, well finished (I can't comment on the OS coz I haven't used it properly) but it is huge. Massive! It has a better camera than the Sony but I don't know what other features it has which are better. Alot of people will go for the Sharp, coz it does look tastey + 2MP camera is pretty cool.

My brother has a Motorola A1000 3G phone and it is fantastic, it uses the same UI as the SE P910i. It is a great phone and looks the dogs *, but some people might not like the fact that there is no keypad.

Anyway I will stick with my V800 until there is a Symbian phone that really interests me.

Sorry for the Essay! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

thanks everyone...im leaning towards the 6630 me thinks but saying that, i havent got a proper go of the v800...hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Bluefoam wrote:
    The Symbian OS is a bit half **sed and although it is good for using office docs and browsing the web etc... it really costs too much to collect & receive emails with attachments and use the interweb properly. I got a €450 bill from O2 over Christmas - for basic web browsing and the odd email!

hi, yeah the Series 60 mail client can have it limitations alright - although using IMAP can offer a lot of flexibility allowing you limit the number of headers received, hold attachments on the server (and the ability to check the name/size and manually retrieve any individual attachment if it is actually required) - there are also third party mail apps/enhancements that can manage mail very well if e-mail will be used intensively

for web the Opera Browser is a great addition for a Symbian device, and coupled with mobile version of sites (e.g. like those on www.pdaportal.com) can offer a decent enough web experience (compared to the full blown version of the sites), making use of Opera's proxy services and limiting image downloads can also help minimise the data volume used

for anyone making even light use of Web and E-mail facilities (as distinct from the likes of Live! on-portal content), you need to look at an appropriate data package as any pay-as-you data billing can easily inflate a bill very quickly - trying to keep in mind that "everything that is appearing is costing me money (or depleting my monthly data allowance)" is a good mantra to be repeating when using an active GPRS/3G data session...

• Advertisement
Advertisement