Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor advert in sunday world

Options
  • 30-01-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the ad in sundway world(back page) it says if you sign up to pay later you get free meteor to meteor texts, is this just til dec or is offer only open til dec? (says it in small print)

I was looking at the options and the 25 euro one looks really good , ya get 75 mins talktime and 75 texts and with the offer ya get meteor to meteor texts free, sorry if this sounds like im advertising for them but the offer seems a little too good to be true especially when ya see how cheap ya can buy the phones for on the paylater options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am shocked that it has taken them this long to introduce the free texts offer to Postpaid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

rang them its only for the talk options not for talk and text so I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

eep that sucks! ide love to get the 25 euro option with the free meteor to meteor, ah well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

About 70% of the market is pre-paid and is therefore more competitivem - that's why they get all the deals especially on texting. Post-paid is more a business market who are more interested in talk time deals and data services.

Roll on the introduction of 3 in July I say!

BrianD wrote:
    About 70% of the market is pre-paid and is therefore more competitivem - that's why they get all the deals especially on texting. Post-paid is more a business market who are more interested in talk time deals and data services.

Yes but every mobile operator is trying to move their customers from prepaid to postpaid.. What prepaid customer who uses text alot is going to move to postpaid..

On the other hand, you could assume that the reason Meteor do not market their postpaid service as well as their prepaid is that they don't think their network would be able to offer a level of service comparable with both O2 or Vodafone...

• Advertisement

On the other hand, you could assume that the reason Meteor do not market their postpaid service as well as their prepaid is that they don't think their network would be able to offer a level of service comparable with both O2 or Vodafone...
    Agreed. Meteor's customer care is pathetic. And GPRS is unusable during the day.

I wouldn't go on postpaid with them, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

This is an excellent offer. On top of everything the phone is almost free (9 euro).
    Mr-X wrote:
    rang them its only for the talk options not for talk and text so I was told

Hmmmm ...The advertisment does not say that. It says "switch to bill pay and get ..." ..

You could always go with Meteor Talk 60 for 20 Euros per month ...

Interesting ... Have 3 confirmed that they will launch in July?

Fungus wrote:
    Interesting ... Have 3 confirmed that they will launch in July?

They have no announced it but the mumblings are that they will launch in the first half of the year... Will they be as aggressive as they are in the UK though..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

I cant see anything about this offer on their website...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I cant see anything about this offer on their website...

I rang them about the offer, its only available to the new pay later options ie meteor talk options, and the free texts are only until december 31st this year so ya get 11 months free meteor to meteor which isnt so bad considering the contract is only for a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

tw0nk wrote:
    I rang them about the offer, its only available to the new pay later options ie meteor talk options, and the free texts are only until december 31st this year so ya get 11 months free meteor to meteor which isnt so bad considering the contract is only for a year.
    Okey doke!

Advertisement