Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Directx 9.0c install problem?

• 31-01-2005 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi

I just got 3D Max 7 & I'm bursting to use it but it requires Directx 9.0c.

The problem is I can't install Directx 9.0c over my 9.0b. The install says it's complete but it won't update.

I thought it might be some funny conflict so I reinstalled the OS (WinXP SP2) but DX9.0c still won't install (man you should have seen me go nuts!).

I've downloaded the latest ATI drivers incase this matters and got all the latest updates from the Microsoft website - all to no avail.

Has anyone any idea why this is happening?

Comments

XP SP2 already has DirectX 9.0c bundled with it. So if something's telling you that you have 9.0b and SP2 then something must be seriously wrong or you're using a beta version of SP2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

yep a beta version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

yip, had this problem a while back aswell.

You have to reformat I think to put on a new sp2 can't do it from while having the sp2beta, not sure if it can be uninstalled, don't think so.

If you used a slip steamed disk you have to either, do a complete format as above and install with your orginal xp disk then put on the patch.

or

Go to to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Wndows NT\ in the Windows Registry and delete the keys CSDBuild and CSDVersion. Then install the new sp2 which will come with directx 9.0c. This may cause problems use at your own risk etc etc, but haven't had any myself.

You can't upgrade to the RTM version of SP2 from a beta, but you can uninstall the beta and then install the released version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

you can if you do what I said, its not really upgrading more overwriting

• Advertisement
Advertisement