Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the difference between...

• 31-01-2005 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

A Motorolla V550 and a V600. One is available from Vodafone, the other o2 and according to the basic specs on the website, there doesn't seem to really be a difference. I'm sure this could be solved with some basic googling, but I'm just hitting the sack. Come on, be nice ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Check the feature list on motorola.com maybe?

The V550 has three extra features:

Vibrate and ring simultaneously (the V600 can only vibrate then ring)
    Video recording
    Skins

The V600 doesn't have the above but includes ring lights.

EDIT: The LCD screens are also different:

The V550 has a transmissive TFT which looks brighter and clearer indoors but is harder to see outdoors. The V600 has a transflective TFT which is the opposite. (easier to see outdoors but darker indoors)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Karsini wrote:
    The V550 has three extra features:

Vibrate and ring simultaneously (the V600 can only vibrate then ring)
    Video recording
    Skins

The V600 doesn't have the above but includes ring lights.

EDIT: The LCD screens are also different:

The V550 has a transmissive TFT which looks brighter and clearer indoors but is harder to see outdoors. The V600 has a transflective TFT which is the opposite. (easier to see outdoors but darker indoors)

So it seems that the V550 is better, I would have though the opposite (purly because 600 is a bigger number. Many that's Karsni :)
    Check the feature list on motorola.com maybe?
    I find those compare sites focus more on "Our phones are great, buy some" Then advising on which is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Yeah, there is a few differences between both, including the number of displayable colours on the screen. To get more colours you get the V620, which is basically the same hardware as the V550, has the extra features etc. Oh and sim free the v620 seems to go for about 10 - 20 euro less, should be able to get one for about €250 or so.

Also, there is a specific reason for the early arrival of the v550. Namely that the reliability wise and quality wise, the v525 was a piece of crap. Good on paper, bad in practice.

Advertisement