Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV and free calls?

Options
  • 31-01-2005 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to use UTV Talk to access a landline based ISP and not get billed for the call?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

I suppose technically, yes, though I think people have had problems finding an access number for an ISP that is not 189*.

You would still need to keep disconnecting every 59 minutes or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Check the T&C's. I am sure that UTV only allow voice calls and not data calls on their free offer. You'll probably find that they charge for these calls like other providers do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

BrianD wrote:
    Check the T&C's. I am sure that UTV only allow voice calls and not data calls on their free offer. You'll probably find that they charge for these calls like other providers do.
    How can they tell the difference? Do they tap your line to see it you are talking? What about faxes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Come on people, i'm sure UTV have thought about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

There have been other postings on this board about other operators who charge for data calls. I'd imagine you would probably get your fax through but they probably have a list of the STD internet numbers (if any still exist).

Anyway, here's the answer to your question. It's the first question in their FAQ.
    Which call types are included with the UTV Talk free calls deal?
    The free calls are for all local and national calls evening and weekend to any fixed lines within all of Ireland and to the UK. It excludes calls to the following: Mobile, Premium Rate Services, Internet numbers, geographic Internet Service Provider Numbers, Directory Enquiries, Timeline, the Operator (including reverse calls), Chargecard, National rate non geographic numbers e.g. 0870, Lo-call rate non-geographic numbers e.g. 0845, Isle of Man and Channel Islands, Isle of Man. A full tariff sheet can be found here (http://u.tv/talk/tarriffs.asp)

• Advertisement
Advertisement