Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

My computer wont boot up

• 31-01-2005 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

until I leave it for a few hours.Is it worn out?
    Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

a few hours after what.

does it switch off without shutting down have you checked the power supply it might be burnt out. these cost about €30 if it is the power supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

might be overheating and the BIOS knocking it off before it explodes.
    how old is it?
    just make sure theres room for your fans to breath first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Sorry for the late reply but it's been difficult.
    It's four years old.How do I check the power supply?
    I can run it for hours with no probs and then shut it down correctly but it wont boot up soon after the shut down.

I then push the button for six seconds til it switches off and immediately push it again- this usually works.Maybe this is damaging. Idon't know.

Thanks for all replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Might be somthing simple like the On/Off switch is about to go.

Advertisement