Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Provider question

• 31-01-2005 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Hay how`s it goin this is my problem im on a 1meg dsl connection wit digiweb
    and we all have the same stupid problems wit them so i want out no point paying over a 100 a month 4 there crap service!
    But if i do cancel my account wit them wear do i go then no way would i go back to eircom what im looking for is a 1meg connection wit no download cap
    or and any throttling of downloads.
    i live in limerick and i don mind if its dsl\wireless\... so if you had any opinion
    on what provider to use let me know thanks a mil.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Did you try Irish Broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Irish Broadband is just in dublin mate I live
    in Limerick so thats out.
    Hear thanks anyway bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

3 things ..

1. IBB aren't just in Dublin .. they do have a license for Limerick so they should be rolling out soon.
    2. You're probably/realistically going to get contention/throttling on any cheap "unlimited" product.. so if it's that important to you, you should consider
    3. Careful about cancelling the contract early .. you might be subject to penalties, remaining contract cost, etc.

I'm on 2Mb from eircom (in Dublin) and have never experienced contention, but I pay dearly for that (169+VAT/mo)

Very little downtime too (<5 minutes/mo)
    .cg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

Digiweb god dont get me started on that shower, they dont have a clue ricey

i have their 1mb connection also and its ****e really bad pings and my connection speed is in and around 300k for the price i pay its crazy

i posted here a few weeks ago and everyone here is saying eircom, you might think im crazy but they have the best service around acording to these lads

one thing though some migh answer this what is esat bt like for gaming

Advertisement