Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANTING text on a web page

Options
  • 31-01-2005 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

is there any way to do this?
    as opposed to putting it in a gif, jpg??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

is there any way to do this?
    as opposed to putting it in a gif, jpg??

<i>Italic Text</i> ... ?

Italic Text ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

Jammer wrote:
    <i>Italic Text</i> ... ?

Italic Text ... ?

hi - do you see that italic text - well that read straight across the screen...

I mean position it diagnoally (from bottom left to top right)???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I mean position it diagnoally (from bottom left to top right)???
    You could probably work out some ridiculously compley CSS positioning solution, but it'll end up being less accessible than an image with proper alt and title attributes and way more work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

There is no rotational property in CSS1 or 2. I do not believe there is one CSS3, but even if there it is not supported in any browser I know of.

An image placed over text using an image replacement technique is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

JustHalf wrote:
    There is no rotational property in CSS1 or 2. I do not believe there is one CSS3, but even if there it is not supported in any browser I know of.
    I was thinking in terms of putting each letter in a nested tree of divs and using relative positioning to offset them horizontally. Like I said, messy.
    JustHalf wrote:
    An image placed over text using an image replacement technique is a good idea.
    Yep, this definitely seems to be the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Either use an image/text replacement technique with the css(if you need it for search engines or visually impaired) or if you want it selectable then use a similar technique but with flash.

Advertisement