Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Screen of death

Options
  • 31-01-2005 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Hey i just got the white screen of death on my ngage qd, does anyone know how to get this fixed? I think im going to have to send to the nokia centre to get it flashed but they take up to 3 weeks, i cant go that long without a phone. This is stupid, can anyone offr any help on how i can resolve this quickly??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

flash it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

How do i flash it myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Try turning on the phone while holding the pencil button. Might work if your phone doesn't usually ask for a pin.

If your phone does ask for a pin....Turn on the phone holding the pencil button. Wait 30secs, enter your pin hit what ever is ok and straight away hold the pencil button.

FYI the pencil button starts the phone up in safe mode. Has saved me a couple of times.

dam its not working, thanks anyway, anyone else got suggestions, or know where i can get it falshed for cheap in dublin?

Does anyone know the nearest nokia service centre to tallaght??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

For a list of Nokia service centers, select "Dublin" from the list...

http://www.nokia.ie/nokia/0,,54610,00.html

Also, what were you doing when you got this "white screen of death" ?

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I just fixed my 6610 by flashing the screen, never heard of it before thanx mate :D

i got it by filling up the internal memory, you shouldnt do this on the ngage

Advertisement