Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate relationship

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Papa Smut wrote:
    Cool. I'm probably using mine tonight. Playing the 50 tomorrow definitely.

As JP says it's horses for courses. If you are as good as you seem to be then you want to get better. The way to look at the 20 game from my point of view:

Good game for playing against plumbers.
    Good for learning reads on players.
    Good for learning how to play short handed on the final table (cause it's easier to get there!).
    Good for learning how to play tight pre-freezeout.
    Good for just playing poker cause that's what you want to do.

For good read cheap! (That's if you be careful with your buy-in chips pre-freezeout)

Those games should allow you to try new things without it costing a fortune.

Good luck tonight. I'll be there playing very differently to last night!

If you are as good as you seem to be

Ah now, I've so much to learn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

DeVore wrote:
    There were 45+ runners last night and only 2 tickets. The freerolling, non-rebuyers are beginning to make a difference as thats a lot to play through for only 2 tickets. Used to be that you would get 4-5 tickets from a crowd that size...
    DeV.

this is a sweeping generalisation. last week there were similar numbers and 4 tickets plus credit for fifth, so it varies week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

ah, sure it's the freeroll...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I beat Heffo heads up to take the only ticket with 40 credit for second 4/5 months ago so its all about whos there on the night I think myself and Hector paid for at least a full ticket a couple of Saturdays ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement