Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Office (US) - Trailer

• 31-01-2005 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Video/

I hate to say it, but I laughed! Its actually not bad.
    Its a bit weird seeing scenes from the UK version being acted by different actors, but I think it looks promising.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Haha...that's the weatherman from anchorman isnt it? I think it may only work with people who haven't seen the real one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the pilot is up on Bittorrent - looks ok but not amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That doesn't look too bad. It's funny noticing the same characters, only with different names and different actors. You can spot the Garret and Tim characters straight off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i dont like it, they didnt even write a new script, its more or less word for word.they may as well have just show it with the original characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I never understood the translating of shows from UK english to US english and vice versa, has there ever been a translation made that was better then the original? (new topic perhaps, sorry)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Stekelly wrote:
    i dont like it, they didnt even write a new script, its more or less word for word.they may as well have just show it with the original characters.

Ditto. What is the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I dunno. It just didnt do it for me.... It didnt make me laugh. Maybe it was the 'americanisation' of the characters, but it just wasn't funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

The "Mexican" bit was alright. The rest just seems like an American fandub with unnecessary wacky music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Yup, just as unfunny as the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

looks good better than i expected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well it's either this or no new office, so I'd pick this. Looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

looks pretty good, be interesting to see if it's a success.

And if it is, will they stick to the two series (and xmas specials) of the original ... or get brand new scripts written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

either way, it's better than joey... but then again so is a kick in the rocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I can't wait to see what they do with the scene were Keith is telling Dawn about fanny packs and bum bags....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Probebly just reverse it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I can't wait to see what they do with the scene were Keith is telling Dawn about fanny packs and bum bags....

LoL, in Britain they call them bum bags....cause bum means your fanny....not a homless guy! ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

NBC wrote:
    Windows Media Player 9 not detected.
    Click here to download.

But Media Player 10 is installed...
    NBC, as in MSNBC, as in Microsoft, as in Microsoft Windows as in Windows Media Player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I couldn't get it working in Firefox. Had to use IE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

DubGuy22 wrote:
    LoL, in Britain they call them bum bags....cause bum means your fanny....not a homless guy! ;)
    Yes. Now that works. Well done! Best work yet!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

TmB wrote:
    I couldn't get it working in Firefox. Had to use IE.

IE, as in Microsoft... aaah, I see where my logical train of thought had become stuck in a siding now.

Well, with no IE, I'll tragically miss out on what sounds like the most pointless TV event in some time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

it has potential for people who didn't see the original. After watching the original, it's just a less funny version of the same gags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's identical, no difference. Can't really judge it as I'm too used to the english actors. Even the tim guy looks pretty similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

TmB wrote:
    http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Video/

I hate to say it, but I laughed! Its actually not bad.
    Its a bit weird seeing scenes from the UK version being acted by different actors, but I think it looks promising.
    You laughed? You gimp - it looks f*ckin' ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I've heard that just the pilot which you guys saw was copied from the BBC version, the rest will be original. I also heard that the Test Audiences found it depressing and got a low rating. Which in my view could be a good thing. Also remember that typical BBC sitcoms only do 6 shows a year whereas US networks do 26 episodes per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm not a gimp, Gothic Warrior. I have a sense of humour.

Good to see that it'll be mainly original content. Whether its as clever and funny as the original remains to be seen.

Advertisement