Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontpage stripping out code from web pages...

Options
  • 31-01-2005 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right, anyone here familiar with Frontpage?

Have a client who is liking this Frontpage thing. He's strictly low-tech, but insists on coding pages himself.

The problem is that I'm doing up some bits of PHP that are added to his page, before any html output, but when he goes to save the page in frontpage, it strips out anything before the <html> tag. We cannot be having this :)

I have frontpage installed here on my work machine, but I don't use it. I've had a look through it, but can't find any option or setting that would cause frontpage to do this.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't really test anything because it's all, "Oh, when I saved it, it was gone", i.e. I don't have access to his machine to fix it, and he won't let me code the pages and upload them (he wants to learn).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

How bout a CMS solution ? He can still fart around with tags in the BODY of the blocks you set out, but doesnt get to **** up the HTTML/TITLE etc etc.

If he wanst to learn, give him notepad and a link to w3c.org

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How bout a CMS solution ? He can still fart around with tags in the BODY of the blocks you set out, but doesnt get to **** up the HTTML/TITLE etc etc.
    That was the original thought, but it would be more hassle than it's worth. A semblance of a site already exists, so it'd be twice the work ;/
    If he wanst to learn, give him notepad and a link to w3c.org
    If only!

Advertisement