Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pioneer release new mixer

• 31-01-2005 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

DJM-1000

Press Release was on the 28th but I just saw this now, Looks amazing and with a RRP of $3,700 it would want to be.

947_p39483.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

my god that looks sexy :eek:

the kind of mixer you'd take to bed with you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

THAT and a pair of the new DVJ-X1's and you'll kick ass - IF you can play the right music with them!

Serious piece of kit all that!

Seanie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

give me an allen and heath like they have up at power fm and i'm happy... analog filters and four eq knobs per channel plus penny and giles faders and loads of cute little flashing lights PLUS a master volume knob that goes up to 11 = the ideal drum and bass mixer.

I've had probems with a few Allen & Heath mixers in venues I play. For instance, in one venue I was just moving the mixer and case after the gig. The speakers were still on (seperate from the DJ box). Every time the mixer got a bump, it came out over the speakers pretty bad.

Other things like slight distortion in the output if driven too hard. The Pioneers don't have as much distortion when driven as hard I have noticed. Yes, its best to keep off the red as much as possible...

Seanie.

On closer inspection, one thing I don't like about this mixer is the lack of special sound effects that the 600 is so good at. Sounds to me like another unit is going to be coming out with beat effects and sound wave effects like Flanger, pitch etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

You'll notice if you read the press release that they mention the BPM and other functions on the new mixer will be incompatible with existing CDJs and some other older Pioneer gear due to "new proprierty technology" .I'd be very suprised if an EFX-5000 (i.e. an update of the flagship Pioneer effects box, isolater) wasn't released in late Spring. Also, an update of the CDJ1000s (i.e. Mk3) is expected to be released some time in 2005

Advertisement