Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone software upgrades?

Options
  • 31-01-2005 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Last time I sent my phone away for repair to Nokia, when it came back they noted they had upgraded the software on it. I noticed a couple of the things had changed, nothing major though. It seems to have made an improvement.

Is there a way to do this myself? Is there a place to download the software if so? Do I need a datacable or can I do it via IRDA or Bluetooth ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

The simple answer to that is no.

Some phone manufacturers give you this option (you would simply download the update online and use a serial or USB cable to update your phone) but Nokia do not.

If you wanted to flash a Nokia phone yourself you need expensive equipment and software.

- Neil

Advertisement