Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tendonitis??

• 31-01-2005 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

ive had a dose of what i suspect is tennis elbow since before christmas and I did what most people will do, laid off training to let it heal, only problem being ...it isnt actually healing :mad:

Anyone got any suggestions?? any home cures/miracles for this kinda injury? failing that, anyone know of a decent physio/alt medicine practice/witch doctor?? Because, to quote ned flanders lousy beatnik parents, "ive tried absolutely nothing and im all out of ideas" :(

Well, ive been taking glucosomine, massaging the elbow and restng it (which apparently is the done thing) but it doesnt seem to do much for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Sounds like it could be chronic (plus 12 weeks).

When you're massaging it are you just haphazardly rubbing it or are you rubbing perpendicular to the tendon?

What exercises are you doing to strengthen it?

Are you stretching it? (Often overlooked)

As for recommendations I've found O'Neills sports clinic in UCD very good. The head honcho there, Dr Rod McLoughlin, knows his stuff (he taught my Sports Injuries course) and the girls there have a nice touch.

Hope this helps,
    Colm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

When you're massaging it are you just haphazardly rubbing it or are you rubbing perpendicular to the tendon?

i think i do rub it perpendicularly to the tendon but not as a conscious decision, its just easier to do.

What exercises are you doing to strengthen it?

i'm not doing using any excercises on the dodgy right arm because i didnt want to aggrevate it but i have do a series that I picked up and use on the left hand now, bascially pushing one hand agaist the other in a series of different motions.

Are you stretching it? (Often overlooked)

stretching is something i definitely overlook these days shamefully, i do/did try loosen up the arms before training. however some of the power shots with sticks and the turning motions are particularly unfriendly to the arms joints, especially when performed on thin air :( live and learn as they say

As for recommendations I've found O'Neills sports clinic in UCD very good. The head honcho there, Dr Rod McLoughlin, knows his stuff (he taught my Sports Injuries course) and the girls there have a nice touch.

cool, cheers another reason to try get out to UCD then, :D

the real killer is that im left handed and could still train to some degree, but of the stick drills emphasize using the right hand so things get messed up for the rightie.

Advertisement