Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday's 100 Game

Options
  • 31-01-2005 4:03pm

Hey guys. Anyone going tonight? Got the ticket in the freeroll on Saturday. I'm thinking that I've played 3 freerolls, got the ticket on two. Played the fifty game on friday, 2cd. Thinking I might be pressing my luck!
    Might use it tonight, might just play the 50 tomorrow instead.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Play the 100...its a much better tournament,I have a ticket for it but I dont think I will make it in tonight.

Yeah, I'm a bit tired. Is the reg at 8.30?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Playing tired is a recipe for an early bath imho. You've had a good run lately Papa, congrats!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Papa Smut wrote:
    Yeah, I'm a bit tired. Is the reg at 8.30?

Complaining about poker and asking what time the reg is! This is a sign of the viral infection called hookedum pokerus. It is deadly. Be very very careful. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I might wander in tonight. Finished 6th in last nights €20 game for a massive profit of €20 on the nights play. Yes, that's right my hourly win rate per hour was €4...
    The fitz needs to sort out their pay structure for the smaller tournaments, or when they don't get many runners, or there are very few rebuys.

Last night's €20 game, 9th = bubble, 8th = 60, 7th = 60, 6th = 80, 5th = 100, 4th = 200, 3rd = 340, 2nd = 600, 1st = 1100.
    Not exactly sure about 1st and 2nd.
    But it just feels like such a waste of time to come 5th or 6th and pick up 20-40 profit after 5 hours and after getting through a field of 40 runners.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I agree and have said as much to Luke. The 100 game has had its structure flattened a good bit to pay 9 now which is a start. I agree that I think all 9 should get paid and that 9th should get double their entry at least. There are many that would argue with us both!

DeV.

In something like the €250 game, everyone at the final table is delighted to get there is is jizzing themselves at the prospect of picking up a couple of grand.
    The €100 game is someting similar, the top 3 prizes are all nice and high enough so that the lower placings can all be bumped up a little.

But the €20 game (that I admittedly haven't played in months til last night), they really need to flatten out the payout structure.
    It isn't worth your while finishing lower than 3rd, and that's with 40+ runners each paying maybe €60.
    I think the prize fund was around €2500 last night?
    Something like 900-500-300-300-300 would be an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd agree. I think that if you are going to be paying out money you should at start at least 2 x buy in. I'm no so sure about paying 9 from 40 or 50 though. That's the guts of 20-25% getting paid right there.

The original structure last night was 1st:1200, 2nd:600 and that's the problem right there. 1st is getting far too much of the available prize fund. Not that I'm complaining. :) I'd take a good whack of money from first flatten it a bit and pay maybe 6 or 7 from 40-50 runners and pay the whole final table from gradually larger fields.

Anyway I think 1st is getting far too much money more than 2nd for the dubious honor of winning heads up on 4000-8000 or 5000-10000 blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

lafortezza wrote:
    In something like the €250 game, everyone at the final table is delighted to get there is is jizzing themselves at the prospect of picking up a couple of grand.
    The €100 game is someting similar, the top 3 prizes are all nice and high enough so that the lower placings can all be bumped up a little.

But the €20 game (that I admittedly haven't played in months til last night), they really need to flatten out the payout structure.
    It isn't worth your while finishing lower than 3rd, and that's with 40+ runners each paying maybe €60.
    I think the prize fund was around €2500 last night?
    Something like 900-500-300-300-300 would be an improvement.

I think that would really ruin the final table, you need a big jump from each spot IMO or people will just gambol once they hit 6th.

I think that would really ruin the final table, you need a big jump from each spot IMO or people will just gambol once they hit 6th.
    People gambool anyway, the blinds are just that big that there is no post-flop play, ever. If the SB completes and the BB checks, nearly all the time whoever bets first wins the pot. the 20 game last night was *all* played preflop apart from a small handful of hands.

But the blinds are just another thing the Fitz needs to tweak for some of their final tables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I think 40% for first 20% for second with less money down to getting double the max spend even if that means paying 5, cant see why there were 9 paid on sunday, was there a deal done? And Tom you wont be able to convince Luke to give much less than 50% for 1st and the lower placings genneraly get better profit these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

lafortezza wrote:
    People gambool anyway, the blinds are just that big that there is no post-flop play, ever. If the SB completes and the BB checks, nearly all the time whoever bets first wins the pot. the 20 game last night was *all* played preflop apart from a small handful of hands.

But the blinds are just another thing the Fitz needs to tweak for some of their final tables.

Have you ever been at a table where a deal has just been done and everyone has been guaranteed a substantial amount of money? All the shortstacks start going all in every second hand because they no longer care about moving up in the money.

Nope, any final tables I've been at the only deals have been between the last 2 or 3 players chopping up the final few prizes before going home.
    Admittedly what you say has happened in the €250 game, when places from 18th to 10th get guaranteed €400, once 19th gets knocked out its an all-in free-for-all.

Still think the Fitz needs to rethink its blinds and payouts for tournaments like last sundays 20 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Have you ever been at a table where a deal has just been done and everyone has been guaranteed a substantial amount of money? All the shortstacks start going all in every second hand because they no longer care about moving up in the money.

Yeah, one Fitz Friday tournament, down to last 5. An "experienced" campaigner suggested that we do a deal where everyone gets 500, and the winner takes the extra 250 left. I tried to point out that that would end any play at the table, to no avail. Anyway, I was shortest stack and I was gaining an extra 400, so I accepted.

This led to the worst final table ever... someone was all-in every hand, getting called by someone with crap just for the hell of it... what a load of b****x!

I like the suggestion that everyone at the final table gets at least double their entry fee, but after that, I'm not so sure. I would prefer a structure where the blind size is reduced to such a level as to allow some decent play, but of course, this affects the big-stacked players who've played well in the early stages to gain that stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I like the suggestion that everyone at the final table gets at least double their entry fee

Nah, if you are playing, you should play to win, and win the most possible, not play for double your entry. Where it is fesiable, like the 50-50 with 90 runners, then the 9 should be paid, but i dont think the whole table should be paid just for the sake of it.

Advertisement