Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bravo Drivers!!!

Options
  • 31-01-2005 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey peeps,

Was just wondering how may of you uys and gals drive a Fiat Bravo :o or Brava?!

Thank you

MWAH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Hey peeps,

Was just wondering how may of you uys and gals drive a Fiat Bravo :o or Brava?!

Thank you

MWAH

Moving out of FOR SALE and over to MOTORS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I have had one of each but currently have a Tipo :o

Have a look here

I think I have a Bravo Abarth rear spoiler somewhere....

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gorgouspink

oh come on people someone must drive a modified Fiat Bravo/a

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Had a 1.6SX Brava. t'was much enjoyable drive, for a lardass hatchback, but sh1test reliability I've ever experienced. Would never dream of modding it - it's an economy family car for chrissake!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Didn't these things come pre-modded for wahs with no imagination? I seem to remember a rake of a plastic-padded monstrosities coming out of Lee Garage in Cork when these were starting to tire (which wasn't long after they were released, truth be told).

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

I have a friend who drives a modified bravo .. y??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No havn't seen a modified Bravo but I have seen a modified Austin Montago once.. :eek:

clairey wrote:
    I have a friend who drives a modified bravo .. y??

Cool where abouts are you's??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Just go to Blanchardstown and you will see about 3 modded bravos driving around.

I have had 2 bravos

In a mental hospital, one would imagine. (The word is "you" by the way.)
    egan007 wrote:
    I have had 2 bravos
    http://snipurl.com/cg7t

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote:

Oh adam, hop back into your diesel Focus with your boyfriend and stop being such a snoberator. People choose to drive Fiats and Saxos - get over it.

'c

"With your boyfriend"? Oh, the wit! Oscar Wilde would applaud were he alive.

God protect us from the Motornet and Maxed-ie muppets.

adam

The witty bit was the 'diesel Focus' reference.

There will always be muppets, learners and that guy who stopped in the fast lane of the M50 every morning to pick up his mate, but you can't engage in flame warfare for the fun of it. Oscar Wilde would have driven a Micra with lots of parking dings and a 'Raging woofter on Board' sign in the rear window.

'c

In dublin :)

dahamsta wrote:

I wonder are all your 9,388 posts as boring and useless as that... :rolleyes:

The witty bit was the 'diesel Focus' reference.
    Was it? You'd never guess.

There was I thinking my Ignore List was getting packed, and now I have to add a half dozen spastics from Motornet too...
    clairey wrote:
    I wonder are all your 9,388 posts as boring and useless as that... :rolleyes:
    ...and a dozen adolescent morons from maxed-ie.

adam

hahaha you really are sad.....

Anyways back to the topic!!!

I drive a Silver Bravo she is a dream i was just wondering if anyone was going to the Italiafest this year thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

dahamsta wrote:
    There was I thinking my Ignore List was getting packed, and now I have to add a half dozen spastics from Motornet too...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Adam! Down boy, sit!!

Mike.

• Advertisement

I've been very naughty lately alright Mike, sowwy. It's the influx of these <adam waves around> people coming in and ruining what was a perfectly good forum; the only solace in a world of maxed-out muppets and fuddy-duddy fools. Pedants, trolls, tits and morons the lot of 'em. Sad to see it go this way.

I'll go and rant elsewhere for a while.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sadly my innate sense of fair play means I really can't ban those who merely drive cruddy cars and ask silly questions...tempting tho! : :p

Mike.

You've got to learn to abuse that authority Mike! Sure where would Foot.ie be today if I hadn't banned people for disagreeing with me, correcting me, or just plain annoying me?

adam /your friendly authoritarian dictator

dahamsta wrote:

Excuse me for missing your point - what is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Its the Clarkson school of motoring. Sneer at anything you consider "beneath" you. Maybe hes having a bad day or something.

Bravo's are what they are. A budget hatchback. A mate has one for years hes had no trouble with it, and has a solid rather than sporty handling. Compare that to another mate who has a Mark IV golf. No end of problems, even had an engine swap and loads of lock and electrical porblems. The Golf has handling thats neither solid nor sporting. Rolls more than a ferry. Have to take sea legs before getting a lift in one. An Astra with the lotus suspension is better than either IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Oscar Wilde would have driven a Micra with lots of parking dings and a 'Raging woofter on Board' sign in the rear window.
    Sorry I just had to post. I totally PMSL at that!

Adam, I guess when you get to a certain age you realise there are certain things you just can't change and you either let them stress you out all the time or else you learn to accept these things and try to take them in good humour. Not that I've quite learnt yet mind you. ;)
    I drive a Silver Bravo she is a dream i was just wondering if anyone was going to the Italiafest this year thats all
    You could have put that in your first post.

Do you know the Fiat Ritmo (aka Strada)? I'm curious to know what people who like Puntos or Bravos/Bravas would think of it today.

Here's a pic I took of the "GTi" version of the Ritmo - the Abarth.

640_fiat_rritmo_abarth_rear.jpg

Hey there IrishRover - you've been absent/lurking for a while. Thanks for posting a pic of one of Fiats more nutty creations, I had a memorable spin in one years ago and it took days for my eyeballs to realign. Sadly the 130TC was rare in Ireland but we had plenty of the 105 version and apart from bady panels which were made from an alloy of sugar and butter they were a brilliant car.

The bulk of the Bravo and the engine choice means they don't handle or drive like their predecessors but they are a good place to start if you want a nice looking hot hatch. I'll be watching for a cheap Stilo 2.3 Abarth in a year or two - but I have no taste.

'c

PS I have a '93 800 Vitesse for cheap if you know anyone looking.... ;)

Its the Clarkson school of motoring. Sneer at anything you consider "beneath" you. Maybe hes having a bad day or something.

Bravo's are what they are. A budget hatchback. A mate has one for years hes had no trouble with it, and has a solid rather than sporty handling. Compare that to another mate who has a Mark IV golf. No end of problems, even had an engine swap and loads of lock and electrical porblems. The Golf has handling thats neither solid nor sporting. Rolls more than a ferry. Have to take sea legs before getting a lift in one. An Astra with the lotus suspension is better than either IMO.

Actually come to think of it dahamsta was porbably just having his period - i can understand DA bitch now

i hope when u say DA bitch u werent talking about me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ah feck, I thought this thread was praising motorists

Advertisement