Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spotted a Maybach

Options
  • 31-01-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭

Spotted a Maybach (04-D reg) parked down on the seafront in Bray last night. Any idea who owns it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Alun wrote:
    Spotted a Maybach (04-D reg) parked down on the seafront in Bray last night. Any idea who owns it?

Maybe PuffDaddy brought his misses to the Waltzer? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Or if curiosity gets the better of us...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=217421

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I'd reckon that it's a fair guess that it belongs to property developer Johnny Rohan (part of the property duo who recently got the $120billion contract in China).

There was an article (and pic) about the car in the Sunday Indo some weeks back. It stated that it was the only one in the country and cost c.€650,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Silvera wrote:
    I'd reckon that it's a fair guess that it belongs to property developer Johnny Rohan (part of the property duo who recently got the $120billion contract in China).

There was an article (and pic) about the car in the Sunday Indo some weeks back. It stated that it was the only one in the country and cost c.€650,000.
    Thanks for that ... That's interesting ... there are some fishy goings on with regard to possible future developments on or around Bray Head at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if he was involved somewhere along the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

A maybach is possibly the ugliest car known to man ... Its the definition of tack and lack of taste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

They mentioned on Top Gear recently that the Mayback depreciates at 1,200 pounds sterling every week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Yea I don't like the look of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

They look like a stretched Lexus 400 to me !

Imagine, €650,000 for a Toyota lookalike ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Yeah, saw that too. Twas parked on the corner of the Albert Avenue/Strand Road junction outside the Fun Palace, up on the footpath too! I'm nervous about parking my car nearby with all the passing skangers and its worth €610,000 less!! Though I suppose if you can afford a car that expensive then you can afford to get it resprayed every week after some jealous little skanger has keyed it! :D

Could have been visiting Robbie Fox (Renards) over at the Barracuda or could have something to do with the proposed redevelopement of the Funpalace into a hotel. Think they wanted to purchase the Bus Depot behind and build a garage for Dublin bus underneath the proposed hotel. Haven't heard of anything on that subject for a few years but maybe its back on the cards if Roahn is involved.

Advertisement