Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland squad v Portugal

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well both Reid and Duff have a tendency to drift inside so it doesn't make that much difference , as they will both be a threat .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i am suprised duff is playing, with the robben injury i tohught chelsea would of withdrew him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm glad he's gone with Duff on the left. Still prefer him in that position. BTW, Duff has gone to 5th in the charts which measure the premiership's most effective players. If he didn't miss Chelsea's first 6 league games there's no doubt he'd be at least 2nd (even without scoring or assisting more). Its amazing to think of that, giving that Lampard has more goals than him and almost 3 times more assists.

http://actim.pa.press.net/top100.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well the people than create goals are not always the ones giving the final pass or finnish , god knows how many of Robben and Lampard's assists have come from Duff runs and passes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

For me if he is gonna put out the strongest squad, it now has to be:

Given
    Finnan Dunne Cunningham Maybury
    Duff/Reid Kilbane O'Shea Reid/Duff
    Keane Morrison

like to see that tomorrow :)

As for Duff, I still think he's been Chelseas best player.
    He's scored the same as Robben and has more assists. His running is better too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Big Ears wrote:
    Barret deserves a part

Why? :confused: I really, really don't see why people rate this guy, is he still living on his reputation as promising youngster at Arsenal? :confused: He's never been anything more than a medicore lower league player in England at best, at the moment he's not even that.

Big Ears wrote:
    Well the people than create goals are not always the ones giving the final pass or finnish , god knows how many of Robben and Lampard's assists have come from Duff runs and passes .
    Its not just his effectiveness offensively. Chelsea have only scored 1 goal from their last 2 games and Duff got 0.4 points from those 2 games.

Syke - We'd be ripped apart with that central midfield pairing. :) Who'd play the holding role? Kilbane and O'Shea wouldn't be able for that role imo. Its without a doubt either Holland or Kav that will start beside Kilbane (if fit).

Cos holland plays a holding role for IReland?

O'Shea and Kilbane both have great workrates, pace and are good and strong in the tackle.

Holland is a great charlton player. Thats it.

I'd like to see O'Shea develop over Kavanagh, who, to be fair, is in his last campaign.

I agree with you on Holland but while he does seem to go missing in matches he surely must be doing something (not that I want him to start). While Kilbane and O'Shea are great tacklers, etc. What do we do when we have the ball? :)

• Advertisement

Erm.... O'Shea has good passing and vision, at least as good as Holland and Kilbane will just run forward ala Terry "Santa's Little Helper" Phelan.

When we have the ball? We'll just do what we always do, give it to Duff....

Advertisement