Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set up email on Vodafone

Options
  • 31-01-2005 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭

I am trying to set up email on my SE V800 on Vodafone. I've been told by Voda that I can only use their account but other people have told me that it is possible to set my own account up anyway.

I have altered the pre-defined Vodafone settings on the phone to use my own ones (smtp & mail server, username & password etc...). Which data account do I connect using? Vodafone live!; Vodafone mail; Vodaphone live! CSD; Voda Mail High Speed; or Voda mail CSD.

Are there any other settings I need to change? I am terribly confussed :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bump...

Please help me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

I didn't change any of the pre-defined settings: I just added a new account (Messaging > E-mail > Settings > New account). You should connect using Vodafone Mail, and use the protocol, incoming-server, mailbox, password, outgoing-server, and e-mail address of your non-Vodafone account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

DaveK wrote:
    I didn't change any of the pre-defined settings: I just added a new account (Messaging > E-mail > Settings > New account). You should connect using Vodafone Mail, and use the protocol, incoming-server, mailbox, password, outgoing-server, and e-mail address of your non-Vodafone account.
    Thanks DaveK,
    I should have started from scratch, but I altered the Vodafone settings and made a balls of it. Its working perfectly now.

Advertisement