Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amp - right channel gone

Options
  • 31-01-2005 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭

The right-hand channel of my Harmon-Kardon stereo amp has gone dead (its definitely the channel and not the speaker as I checked with headphones also)

so..

-anyone know if theres anything obvious I can check for
    -recommend somewhere that does hi-fi repairs
    -is it even worth repairing? - its not top of the range but I quite like it.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Did you try all the inputs? (Maybe see if CD DIRECT works if the amp has it)

If the amp has a pre-out / power-in loop at the back, try it with the switch in and out, bypassing with a cable. (If you have a Dynamics Processor / Graphic EQ in this loop maybe take it out too) - some amps drive the headphones from the preamp stage, some take them off just before the power amp, you never know.

Advertisement