Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz tournament league

Options
  • 31-01-2005 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

A couple of questions on the Fitz tournament league, maybe someone in the loop will know the answers:

1. Can anyone remember the points structure... is it 15 for entering the Friday game, 20 for the Monday game, and 25 for the Thursday game, with the same number of points awarded for making the final table? Whats the story with making the top three?

2. Any chance of posting the current standings? It doesn't have to be the full list, the top 10 or so would do (people should be able to work out their own points). Surely there's an incentive for the Fitz to do this anyway, as people will play more tournaments towards the end if there's a chance of making the final.

Thanks...

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The structure for points changes with the price of the tournie. You get points for entering, points for making the final table and points for getting to the top three.

The league results will be up online soon (hopefully I'll get a copy of them tonight and put them up on antesup.com). My one gripe is that people who have the time and money to enter every tournie are going to run away with it because they get points for just entering. I would prefer to see a split out of the points and also a Points-to-tournies-entered ratio... I only got time to enter 6 tournies this month and got placed in top 3 in 4 of them but theres no way I'm going to be up near the likes of Anto who plays every tournie every night.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

DeVore wrote:
    My one gripe is that people who have the time and money to enter every tournie are going to run away with it because they get points for just entering. I would prefer to see a split out of the points and also a Points-to-tournies-entered ratio... I only got time to enter 6 tournies this month and got placed in top 3 in 4 of them but theres no way I'm going to be up near the likes of Anto who plays every tournie every night.
    DeV.

Yeah, this is something that's bothering me as well. I can understand the Fitz wanting to reward players who play in lots of their tournies, but it means that anyone getting to the final might not necessarily be there because of their poker skills. A points-to-tournies-entered breakdown would be interesting to see.

BTW, does the new Tuesday holdem tournament offer points as well?

Advertisement