Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Vodafone charge the normal rate for text messages when aboard?

Options
  • 31-01-2005 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I believe that they don't but to be safe but can anyone safely tell me do Vodafone charge the normal 13c rate for text messages when aboard? I will be covered by Vodafone Hungary for a week.

I guess I better turn off the voice mailbox as well as I would assume that anyone leaving a voice message on my mobile would be treated as a normal call to me while in the country which would be astronomically charged?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

No. They charge more than the normal rate for text if you are roaming.

People who call you while YOU are out of the country pay the normal rate if they go through to your voicemail or if they get through and speak to you.
    YOU pay the astronomical roaming charges when you answer a call, however.

Divert all calls to your voicemail unless you want a big bill. AFAIK vodafone charge the same rate for accessing voicemail no matter where you are in Europe (not 100% on that).

All this information can be found on Vodafones website, i'm sure.

Advertisement