Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreamweaver, blogs and css

Options
  • 31-01-2005 7:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently trying to edit the template for my blog into something to match the rest of the site I'm working on, I know that Dreamweaver MX can do some CSS, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to make a blog template for it, can anyone help me?

I've been trying to teach myself proper CSS and it's going nowhere, I'm hoping there's an easier way around this, given that I don't want to do anything major.

flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Unfortunately, there's no WYSIWYG CSS editor available. I think you're better of coding the CSS by hand - I think it's the best way of doing things.

If you're having trouble learning, say what problems you're having and we can try to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

flogen wrote:
    I'm currently trying to edit the template for my blog into something to match the rest of the site I'm working on, I know that Dreamweaver MX can do some CSS, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to make a blog template for it, can anyone help me?

I've been trying to teach myself proper CSS and it's going nowhere, I'm hoping there's an easier way around this, given that I don't want to do anything major.

flogen

I find topstyle is a really handy CSS editor. You still have to code by hand but it helps you out along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

by hand is the best way to go I'd say as well.

At first it's all trial and error, but after you try a few times you'll get the hang of it.

Try and analyse other css templates - are you using a cms for your blog? ie. wordpress, mt etc.? Cause you can grab pre-made css templates from them, analyse how they work and then hack/edit/rebuild it as you see fit.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp is a great resource.

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Not quite what I was talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

JustHalf wrote:
    Not quite what I was talking about.
    Out of curiousity, what were you talking about? It's a CSS editor and it's WYSIWYG. I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Any of them any use Flogen?

dahamsta wrote:
    Out of curiousity, what were you talking about? It's a CSS editor and it's WYSIWYG. I'm confused.
    I'm talking about something that allows you to design your website visually, and bangs out some decent XHTML and CSS. Nothing exists to do this (Dreamweaver is the best, but it's still pretty poor).

Dave Shea mentions it here:
    http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/2003/04/22/visual_desig/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Justhalf (and I guess Flogen too :p), what about Nvu from Linspire *shudders*

Its built on Gecko, so its completely standards compliant. Not tried it myself, but I hear its very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

just put together a linux users group site using nvu and the gimp, nvu has all the functionality of frontpage but however it did have a css editor which wasn't to hard to use, any way nvu linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

flogen, which blogging software are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Floggen doesn't seem to be returning, I think flogen wants to make one in dreamweaver?

Advertisement