Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Theft Auto 0.5

Options
  • 31-01-2005 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

Are you a GTA fan (GTA3 or GTAVC on PC) would you ever want to play it online?? in Deathmatch or Stunt Modes!!
    if so heres your place. the new version MTA 0.5 is expected to be released today and it is expected to be the best multiplayer mod for GTA ever and it is expected to play like a full blown online game even tho it is merely a mod. I have played MTA 0.4.1 and it is great crack for more info on 0.5 click the link below.

GTA3 or VC is required to play however!
    http://www.mtavc.com/mta05/default.htm
    300x74_TBWT.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Wow! I'm a GTA fan! I want to play online!! It's almost as if this message was written just for me!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Is it just me or does this sound like an unpaid advertisment. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

no it isnt an advert mta 0.5 will be released today just thought id spread the word of a good game (from playing 0.4.1) and has an active gaming community this is a very good game :) that has been in 2 years of development since version 0.1 :P so give it a shot

More Details
    Official Forums: forums.mtavc.com
    IRC : irc.multitheftauto.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ciaran500 wrote:

Its a mod :rolleyes:

/me runs off to find VC discs.

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wish there was a way to get the random spawning of pedestrians, cars etc. synchronised with other computers in the game. The last few mods felt very barren even with lots of people playing. Still fair play to the team the created it. Its good fun with loads of people in the same city.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I wish there was a way to get the random spawning of pedestrians, cars etc. synchronised with other computers in the game. The last few mods felt very barren even with lots of people playing. Still fair play to the team the created it. Its good fun with loads of people in the same city.
    yo dude have u played GTA3:MTA or MTA:VC
    GTA3 is better but the new release will be much much better than b4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

ahh good ive been with this mod since 0.2 cant wait! :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Ciaran500 wrote:
    KdjaC wrote:
    Its a mod :rolleyes:

Oh come on, we'll bill them when/if they get hired by a developer/publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sweet. Was wondering when they're gonna release a new patch. Can't wait for the Blue version to come out, tho :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jakkass wrote:
    yo dude have u played GTA3:MTA or MTA:VC
    GTA3 is better but the new release will be much much better than b4

Both but only over a very small lan of 3 computers. Not much fun but I can see it being a lot better with lots more people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

had a few great games of vice city with mta 0.4x.
    its especially good fun if you actually know a couple of peeps on the server
    "race you to the malibu!!!111" etc

looks like its coming along in leaps and bounds. hopefully they won't take long to add San Andreas

tman wrote:
    . hopefully they won't take long to add San Andreas

<RUMOUR> PC version meant to have online play in it for the coop game and an as yet unknown online game type</RUMOUR>

I know a guy who works for them wont tell me **** , bastid.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I know I'm probably going to get hung for this but does this require a legal version of VC?

I'm not buying it again for the PC, I have the double pack for the Xbox and my brother has VC and SA, they've already got all the money ther going to get from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Oh dear, naughty naughty :p

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Both but only over a very small lan of 3 computers. Not much fun but I can see it being a lot better with lots more people.
    thats bull**** you can join many 100Mbit servers in the UK or on the continent and have a great 26 player game

Info: 0.5 is released

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I know I'm probably going to get hung for this but does this require a legal version of VC?

I'm not buying it again for the PC, I have the double pack for the Xbox and my brother has VC and SA, they've already got all the money ther going to get from us.
    no it doesnt lol ("me got both GTA:VC and GTA3 from P2P") lolz ;)
    they incourage use of cracked exes to prevent lag from hardware

It's not bull****. I found it only mildly entertaining for 10 minutes with another 2 people. It would definitely be better with up to 26 players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I think a hide and seek mode would go down well along side with Deathmatch and Stuntmode. Would be fun playing hide and seek with 26 people in Vice city.

Better more would be gang wars with the idea from SA each team controls an area both teams have set amount of spawns 1st to wipe the other gets the area.

Races

Jobs some are police some are not , idea to rob a certain building and defeat the police. Can have multiple gangs involved.

Basicaily cut the story missions into online play.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

KdjaC wrote:
    Better more would be gang wars with the idea from SA each team controls an area both teams have set amount of spawns 1st to wipe the other gets the area.

Races

Jobs some are police some are not , idea to rob a certain building and defeat the police. Can have multiple gangs involved.

Basicaily cut the story missions into online play.

kdjac
    Include in this some Army functions, so people can have access to the Apaches, Harriers, etc. The aim being for an opposing team to carry out some theft, bombing, etc of military facilities..

It's only when I got past halfway in SA that I realised how much different it was to VC.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's not bull****. I found it only mildly entertaining for 10 minutes with another 2 people. It would definitely be better with up to 26 players.
    u shud really see the GServers.NL server for GTA3:Shoreside Vale its full
    and the VCES server is full the whole time nearly
    I think a hide and seek mode would go down well along side with Deathmatch and Stuntmode. Would be fun playing hide and seek with 26 people in Vice city.
    there is a Manhunt MTA Script that is sometimes loaded (you can use MIRC coding to make MTA Scripts)
    and I have just been playing GTA3 Shoreside Vale its pwnage now you can choose skins cop, yakusa,colombians etc and you can fly dodo around and kill ppl in deathmatch gr8 fun and MTA 0.5 has virtually no lag or crashes now
    so go get it @ http://multitheftauto.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

This gta3:shoreside vale sounds highly interesting!! Any info on it please? Where to download, server ip's, etc etc?

Deadwing wrote:
    This gta3:shoreside vale sounds highly interesting!! Any info on it please? Where to download, server ip's, etc etc?
    Do u have GTA3 already if so go to www.multitheftauto.com the client has a server search tool so u can connect to a GTA3 shoreside vale server i have had 0 crashes in it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Retr0gamer wrote:

agreed. 3 players is ok but i find the more, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

A hide and seek mod would be pretty good i reckon since its so big maybe 10 on 1 would be even kinda teams and give the hider maybe 25 minutes to evade capture. I've never played any of the multiplayer mods of this before so I'm not sure what exactly you can do in them but would it be possible to make up your own games to play? I played a few hide and seek counter strike gathers over the summer there and it was great craic even though the maps weren't exactly amazing. But vice city would be class.

I think i'll d/l this

Shoreside Vale GTA3 is the best currently they coded mini missions into it and the other players can stop u from completing the mission its kickass :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you can use a pirate copy/cracked blah blah, u need original gta3.exe

whats min spec for Vice city btw.

it starts from a low Pentium 3
    and BTW its only for windows 2000 Professional and windows XP thats all!!!
    but the server can run on OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Linux and all windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

any time i boot it up it says invalid executable. :(
    not using a cracked or pirate copy, 100% legit, still wont f*cking connect..pissed off now :mad:

• Advertisement

wait when that happened to me i just pressed it again or restarted the client it shud work if it doesnt add me to msn at darkwolf@bluebottle.com and ill help ya

Advertisement