Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterfight

• 31-01-2005 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Anyone know exactly what the story with the water fight tomorrow is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah it starts at 2.30 - you go to Rubrics to register, walk up the path to the campanile where you'll be given your water balloons and then are allocated a place to stand in Front Square... think there's going to be a big grid drawn over the cobbles, so the number of people can be counted for the Guinness Book of Records

Up to a few weeks ago the record was at about 400, but some college in America broke it so now we're going to need over 900 people. :D

Afterwards Niall (the organiser of BESS Day who's planned everything) has got a platter of beer in the Phil... (for those innocents among us, a platter is over 20 crates, works out at over 1900 cans)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

BESS day? Go home will ya, yer just labeling a rag-week day as yer own. Niall is the SU ents officer and a science student on sabbatical. Pity when one of us has to organise all your fun for you eh?

All the mad stuff in the college is done by hamilton end students..

No, dude, it really is BESS Day. I was talking about Niall Hughes (last year's BESS Convenor + on the Ents Crew), he's the brains behind the whole thing, it's just that he got the support of Ents to do it

Meh..

(I hate being wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

lol

So it actually is a Guinness book thing? Good luck with it, make sure you guys get pictures!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

is it only for trinners ? i want free beer :(

I'd say if you're in the area it'd be okay to join in, it's about getting as many people as possible after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

no no no no no,you have this all wrong. its not about getting the most out of it, its about the free beer. and the possibility of water fights flowing out into lectures.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I don't think they'll get enough ppl!

I don't fancy getting wet myself and am far too lazy to bring a change of clothes... but the free beer, that's something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

crash_000 wrote:
    no no no no no,you have this all wrong. its not about getting the most out of it, its about the free beer. and the possibility of water fights flowing out into lectures.

:D
    flowing into lectures from up there? i'd be impressed...sure nearest lecture theatre must be the arts block....tho there are exams on in the exam hall..that could be interesting..

• Advertisement

Exams finish at 12:30 that day sky, and tis only electronic & comp eng anyways. They'd get more of an attendence on the hour rather then the half hour anyways. Might take part, might not.

hrmm i'd go, but it'd eat into potential sleeping time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yeah that niall guy is cool. actually they both are. me, in college early, wet, cold, for a few cans of p!ss. no thanks. but hey, it's for a good cause. or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

You could always water-bomb my office, it's only one floor up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It's not fun if you invite people to do it. Luke's office on the other hand...

It is fun! There's a sort of fan/extractor thing that doesn't work, but if you hit it in exactly the right spot, you could probably soak all the files i keep on the windowsill.

Luke's (aka desertcircus) office faces onto College Green. Thus, more of a challenge.

EduCat wrote:
    It is fun! There's a sort of fan/extractor thing that doesn't work, but if you hit it in exactly the right spot, you could probably soak all the files i keep on the windowsill.

Luke's (aka desertcircus) office faces onto College Green. Thus, more of a challenge.
    how about we get a hose off the sprinkliers n just pipe that in the window?

Worth a try, I suppose.

I could nominate some of the administrative offices in Front Square either, if anyone wants to start a witchhunt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

You can start with the mean nasty woman who sassed me at reregistration today!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm aiming for tfm myself......

• Advertisement

The taps are being set up. Bloody cold day for it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

I'd really prefer if my office wasn't hit by water balloons - I've only just replaced my keyboard after an unfortunate Pepsi-spilling incident killed a number of keys! There are some ripe targets - there's always a few people in and around the GMB. Throw balloons at debaters trying to smoke outside!

i'm aiming for tfm myself......

The battle begins...

Yeah just looked out the window there, looks pretty mental all right.

Wasn't at it, forgot I had one of those do not miss lectures. Anyway.. just got a text from my mates.. apparently the record wasn't broken cos everyone just stormed the stockpile..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Yeah I just missed the start but apparantly everyone just legged it for the balloons and bedlam erupted. Twas class after I legged it out of the GMB though!

Read on another board that apparently it was pushed back from lunchtime to 2pm because the Senior Dean was worried that students would pelt their lecturers as they made their way to the Dining Hall...Maybe there's a point there but come on, we're not 14 ffs

Argh I'm so bored! Why isn't anyone posting this evening?

*bangs head against wall/computer screen/studio equipment*

I'm studying (as per usual these days), Mr. Skylynx who usually lives on here may be studying (exam on thursday), can't say I can talk for everyone else. Just go onto After Hours and post random ****e there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

damn i need to ask that crazy lynx a q. hopefully someone else might help,

i need to write a iso to a cd in the maths comps. some one tell me. please. i want to go home.

Advertisement