Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone website and email problem.

Options
  • 31-01-2005 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭

Ok guys
    I am dialled via my laptop and mobile phone to vodafone HSCSD number and yet i cant get onto the vodafone website at all. It times out straight away, i thought it maybe my DNS settings but they are set to the recommended vodafone settings i.e auto acquire DNS server settings.

Does anyone have the Direct DNS settings i could try.

The email problem.

I use the HSCSD connection to check my email, Oceanfree Mail, not vodafone email,no problem but to try and sent one its impossible, mail.vodafone.ie times out even when i try to ping it, and because of them spam rules i cant use any other mail server.

mail.vodafone is the recommened one on the website but its seems its been down for weeks.

Any ideas on either problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 opthrcks

Many sites block pings, so not responding to a ping doesn't mean very much (unfortunately).
    I tried telnet on port 25 to it, it responded no problems:

++
    $ telnet mail.vodafone.ie 25
    Trying 213.233.128.65...
    Connected to mail.vodafone.ie.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 mail.vodafone.ie ESMTP
    quit
    ++

Sorry, I don't know anything about HSCSD, so I don't know what networking issues there may be between you and the server, but the above (telnet to port 25 of the system) would be the way to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

irishgeo wrote:
    Does anyone have the Direct DNS settings i could try.

these are what i used before they started auto config on connect

irishgeo wrote:
    I use the HSCSD connection to check my email, Oceanfree Mail, not vodafone email,no problem but to try and sent one its impossible, mail.vodafone.ie times out even when i try to ping it, and because of them spam rules i cant use any other mail server. mail.vodafone is the recommened one on the website but its seems its been down for weeks

Their SMTP server is: mail.vodafone.ie

If it's not allowing you to use it, have you tried setting SMTP auth login (i.e. using your pop user/pass)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

Hi

Should be ok again, tested it a few minutes ago and looks fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the new dns settings seem to have sloved all the problems thanks dubwireless.

Advertisement