Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Look Around You series 2

• 31-01-2005 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

A heads up, albeit a bit late (sorry). Series two of the excellent Look Around You starts tonight at 11:20 on BBC2 NI. For anyone who missed it the first time 'round, Look Around You is a spoof 80's Open University-style science series. It's also very, very funny. Huzzah!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I was looking foreward to this, unfortunatly it was utter ****e! they should have left it at 10 minutes and not bothered with all the padding. the rap song was funuy as feck though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I think "utter ****e" is a bit much, but you're right, there was waaaay too much padding. Still some hilarious moments, though, and hopefully the rest of the series will be more 80's How than 80's Pop Idol.

"Thankovsky"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Forgot all about watching it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I actually forgot about it too.... I thought it was on later in the week, not Monday. Ah well. Looks like it wasn't much kop at all, some really bad reviews on other forums. Pity, lets hope it was the weak one in the series..... The 6 episode 10-minute series I have on Dependable Video Discus (DVD) was the best laugh I had at TV comedy in years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Tonight:

23:20 - BBC Two NI (10pm on other BBC regions)

Look around You (Comedy)
    Health.
    Comedy series parodying the educational programmes of the late 1970s and early 1980s, offering 'insight' into a range of scientific subjects. A robot performs plastic surgery on one of the presenters.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

celticfc wrote:
    Tonight:

23:20 - BBC Two NI (10pm on other BBC regions)

Look around You (Comedy)
    Health.
    Comedy series parodying the educational programmes of the late 1970s and early 1980s, offering 'insight' into a range of scientific subjects. A robot performs plastic surgery on one of the presenters.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles)

Yeah, I caught this the other night, thought it was really good. I'd never heard of it before, but will be looking out for it, in the future.

Prince Charles isnt really going to be a guest, surely?

Advertisement