Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music from new O.C. E4 ads?

Options
  • 31-01-2005 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,996 ✭✭✭✭

Another "name that tune" request. Sorry :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

I do know that a Futureheads song was used in one of the ads for the new series of The O.C. It may be the one you're talking about. It's called "decent days and nights".
    Listen to it here to find out if it is or not.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=33449

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Killers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,996 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ah it's the Killers alright. "Jenny was a friend of mine". I knew it sounded like them, but wasn't sure of the song.

Oh, well the Futureheads song is way better than The Killers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Its the Killers best song. Wayyyyy better than any Futureheads malarky.

• Advertisement

The Killers best song is the "soul, soldier" one. You may have guessed i'm not a fan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

yep it was the killers i love that song...im thinkin bout killing my friend jenny so i can sing it...:D

The Killers best song is the "soul, soldier" one. You may have guessed i'm not a fan. :)

So you aren't really in a position to argue for their best song then, are you?

I'm not a fan. I know all the songs from the album. I think i'm in a quite perfect position thank you very much. :)

the "soul, soldier" one.

All These Things That I've Done

Have to say The OC has some reasonably impressive music in it:
    • Turin Brakes
    • Super Furry Animals
    • The Killers
    • Interpol
    • Nada Surf
    • Keane
    • and of course, the one, the only, Jeff Buckley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Bell X1 have 2 tracks on the next series (the one after the series that's just started here, we're about 3 months behind the U.S. series from what I can gather). They're using 'Eve' and 'Sunflower'.

'Eve' is going to be on one of the OC soundtrack compilations as well which should help the Bellies stateside, well deserved.

The OC Music Director say:
    “We have been really busy working on upcoming episodes of the show and listening through the submissions in overflowing mailbox. Since the O.C. is airing internationally – (England, Australia, Spain etc), my staff and I are now getting great indie rock submissions from fans all over the world. 13 Senses (England), Infusion (Australia), Bell x1 (Ireland) and Flunk (Iceland) have gotten a lot of office airplay lately…”]

Anyone seen the new Hanson video btw?! (for real). It stars Anna from The OC. She was always me favourite, why did she have to leave, why :-)

ps. http://www.theocshow.com/theocmusic.htm
    Must have missed the Mark Lanegan episode...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

I have the two soundtrack albums from the series and they're both absolutely brilliant, loads of stuff I'd have never discovered if it wasn't for the show.

Advertisement