Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turkey - kusadasi ... any info please

• 31-01-2005 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there,

Thanks to everyone who posted on my aya napa v's santa ponsa question but the decision has been made now for kusadasi .... anyone been there before?

What are the Golden Gate app like?
    Prices, booze in a bar / offie? .... food?
    Night life?

Thanks for everything !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

It was a few years ago when I went but it was fantastic. We stayed in Hotel Talat, yes we left Dublin and stayed in Tallaght..... only me, But back then everything was really cheap, Make time to get down to the market, market day was Friday back then, Im still wearing some of the knock-off clothes I bought back then good quality and I think it was 15 for a pair of Jeans.

Haggle over everything you buy. Cant remember how cheap the beer was but it was a good slice cheaper than over here.

Enjoy yourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fish05

Cheers ! Anyone else been there before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭The Dr00g

Yeah, good few years ago. It's not bad at all.

Yeah haggle your ass off. You're bound to get chatting to a few veterans after a day or two so get up-to-date info from them. DON'T BUY ANYTHING from the random groups of kids wandering the streets with dodgy wares.

Bar Street is a hoot. I reckon the nightclub on Bird Island would be a great romantic place to take your "bird" and have her in the bush. :D Don't drink the free cocktails. The local beer (Efes) is good enough for the purposes of most nights out. The local firewater (Raki) will make your vomit taste all the more disgusting I would imagine. Basically the nightlife is excellently varied and most places are of a pretty good standard. Toilets in bars etc are not for the faint hearted.

Look for the more secluded beaches. There's one or two gems but I can't give you directions. Some of the more popular beaches they try to get you to visit were crap when I was there.

Do a few excursions. They're fun and you'll learn a bit about Turkey. I really liked the Roman ruins at Ephesus and the picnic by boat. Day trip to Samos was nice too. Still raging I didn't rent a motorbike and go for a rip there. Ask your travel agent about the excursions before you go so you can plan ahead.

Hope your hotel is nice. I was at the Tropicana Gardens which was fine. Some of the other guests were right skangers though. :p

I found the Turks to be mostly very pleasant and respectful people if you treat them with respect and are polite in return. They really like that. But obviously everywhere has a few assholes so watch yours.

In a nutshell, Kusadasi has a good atmosphere and lots to do and see. You'll have a good time.

I'd go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Was there last year and am going back again this year!

Kusadasi is a top spot! Here’s some pointers…..

Get a turkish bath on your first day – if you get it after that it will wash your tan away. Don’t get it through the rep – just walk in yourself – its cheaper.
    Try the following restaurants… Murphy’s (owned by girl from Dundalk), Yucca (a must), The Seray. Go to Golden Boys for lunch, its across from Murphys. Most places are very cheap – bout €6 - €8 for a main course. Most restaurants will send a taxi out to your hotel to pick you up for free as long as you eat in their restaurant. You’ll also get a free drink and dessert from most places too.
    Go see Ephesus – you’ll need a full day but its well worth it.
    Go to the Adaland waterpark – it’s the best Ive ever been to - biggest in Europe (so they say)…. www.adaland.com
    Don’t go to the Turkish night in the town – no good.
    Go to the Friday market – clothes are much cheaper than the shops – jeans are great value – be sure to try everything on b4 u buy it and open up the packs to check stuff like t-shirts for the proper size – I wouldn’t go by the stickers on the wrapper…believe me =) ALWAYS HAGGLE coz its expected!!
    Turks love the Irish – they’ll constantly try get you into their shops, ignore them if you like but don’t be rude to them.
    Bar Street is the place for the clubs, drinks are much more expensive here – but still cheaper than home. Jimmys is the main Irish bar – but there are plenty on this street.
    Ephes is the main beer over there – nice enough – think a pint costs roughly €2 – maybe less – I cant really remember tbh – the wine is crap over there.
    You’ll see very young kids around the sea front with weighing scales asking you to weigh yourself on their scales – someone told me that its their “calling card” and they’re actually child prostitutes – don’t know if its true or not but I didn’t take any chances =)
    Went scuba – diving over there too – cost about €40 – well worth it – got to feed a sea urchin to all the fish under the water – class!!

Hope this helps, any other questions just let us know, I know you’ll enjoy it!

Advertisement