Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pda wifi

• 31-01-2005 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of a good wireless 902.11x manager for a pda/pocketpc? or else a wep encryption cracker/tester for said o/s? I use it for evaluating the security of the wlans I install, of course ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not sure if its what youre after but MiniStumbler and WiFiFoFum will detect any wireless networks within range and give you detials as far as ssid and if they have any encryption tunrned on or not. I dont think that they actually let you connect to the networks that they find as you'd ahve to use the built in application for that, but they do tell you whats around.
    You wont be able to find anything for cracking the networks for a pocket pc though, as it would require a bit more processing power than they have, and would probably take longer than the battery would last also before you could catch enough packets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Other then the built in 802.11x support I havent seen a seperate app for it. As for a WEP cracker I havent seen a PDA one. Considering you need about a gig of data to cracka vunerable WEP implmentation it may not be possible/practicale on a PDA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

i have ministumbler. (and a gig card!) and was wondering of the possibility. Im going to install linux on it mabye and use WepCrack.

Advertisement