Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Changing Windows XP startup Tune??

• 31-01-2005 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just wondering can i change that annoying tune that plays when i boot up the system?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Go into Windows/Media and substitute another sound file for Windows XP Startup , maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

eh....

control panel > sounds and audio devices
    click on the sounds sounds tab
    scroll to windows startup and click browse

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

Yes and where would this be? ive been looking around for ages in contral panel and stuff. any1 any help? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Well, I suggested this method assuming, maybe wrongly. that Bubba might want to substitute a custom soundfile, a bit of Hendrix perhaps.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Does anyone know where I can get the 'alternative' winxp startup sound, the one that starts off normally and winds down like a broken record player.

It is what it's.

Advertisement