Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clongowes v St Michaels on Setanta Sports

• 01-02-2005 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Just finished watching the match on the tv and I was not convinced that the last movement by Michaels was a try. Alan Lewis, the referee, the same man who decided the Heineken Cup Final as video ref , has made another blunder me thinks. He put all the pressure on the touch judge who said ball was not knocked on or that it was grounded. I think the touch judges at schools level are from the individual schools. Anyone else watching it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i disagree i thought it was a very good call by the tj....ball was knocked forward by a clongowes player and not by the michaels fella....

what a final couple of minutes. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Something didnt look quite right but without rear view camera angles we'll never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

When the score changed I think a little bit of wee back out I was so happy. About time we do something like that.

Bit of payback for losing in 5th minute of injury time in JCT to blackrock last year (who went on to win it)

Id say next match against Blackrock could be the decider of the comp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

What a game!!! No question Michales deserved to win it...but i was up for clngowes, and they nearly stole it again against michales!!! As for the last try, it was a good try, no michales player knocked it on, it was a clongowes player coming back to tackle that knocked it back towards the line...
    As for next game the decider...no way...this is Belvo's year!!

Michaels definitley deserved to win. No question that it was a try.

As for the rock v michaels match, I think it will be the decider of the comp because they are first and second favorites to win.

Great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Phew, that was a cracker, It's about time St. Mike's won!

I was sure it was lost when clongowes got that lucky break in the last minute. I thought the michaels winner was fair and square and certainly no more than deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Blackrock V The High School

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

Was behind the goal and had a great view, there was no knock on, the only doubt was whether the wing was in touch before he offloaded the ball to the full back. Deserved win for Michael's though, their pack is pretty impressive.

what time is the Blackrock match on teh televeison at? i was under the impression they were'nt shown live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

what time is the Blackrock match on teh televeison at? i was under the impression they were'nt shown live.

just finished watching the 7pm showing. it'll be repeated agian at 9.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

Do Rock play Michaels in the next round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

yes then Nure and Marys in the Final I think.

Zakrze wrote:
    yes then Nure and Marys in the Final I think.

i like it! We'll have to play better than against Mount Temple though! Gerar's thrashed Templeouge, could cause an upset!

Advertisement