Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retailing Postage Stamps?

Options
  • 01-02-2005 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,

I've a small shop in an area where there isn't a post office near by. My staff are always being asked for postage stamps! Does anybody know if an Post provides stamps wholesale to retailers? I know there are hundreds of non an Post affiliated outlets down the country which supply stamps, but don't know how they get them.

Or, is it just a matter of going to the local PO and buying stamps and selling them without a profit? I would consider this, as a service to my customers, but amn't hugely enthusiastic about it because in the main my customers are tourists, i.e. not regulars, and it mightn't be worth the hassle.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    No2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

AFAIK you need a licence to sell stamps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 No2

A licence? Thanks for that. I didn't even thank of that! Any idea where where you'd get one or apply for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

i have seen retail outlets sell stamps, contact an posts corporate division i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No2 wrote:
    A licence? Thanks for that. I didn't even thank of that! Any idea where where you'd get one or apply for one?

You could try the bizarre and out there idea of ringing your nearest main Post Office! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

From www.anpost.ie
    Postal Products: PostPoint retail outlets offer an extensive range of stamp booklets including National, Britain, Worldwide and Peel & Stick booklets.

For further information please contact PostPoint's Retailer Support on
    1890 20 42 20 Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.30pm or e-mail postpoint@anpost.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement