Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Prime95 behaviour

Options
  • 01-02-2005 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I ran blend on Prime95 for 12 hours and only got those. I remembered when I tried it on my old cpu, it had a lot more test running on it. Also, the first 1/2 I monitor the temps, cpu and pf usage. Cpu usage never went more than 15% while PF usage was constant at 1.34MB. Temps did not increase at all. It sat around 32-35C only. I tried another software like Prime95, SP2004 with the same results. Anyone knows why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

I'm prob wrong but might it be an easy task 4 your ridiciously good processor?

Maybe but that doesnt explain why Prime95 doesnt do as much test. The test arent dependent on cpu are they? Besides, it is overclocked at the moment so surely the temp would go high no?

Well the temps wont go up unless the cpu usage goes up

Is there any newer version of prime95?

Well thats the latest Prime95 and tried it with SP2004 and same results.

• Advertisement

No idea :rolleyes:

Any prob wit performance in games and the likes?

Not playing games at the moment until I get better cooling on my graphic card so cant say how stable it is with games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Blend hammers the memory, not the processor. If you want to see heat with a capital H run either of the other two tests. They will guarantee to roast your processor a lot hotter than any gaming ever will!

I've done that, but I thought Blend is to test overeall stability while the other tow mainly to check the stability under high temp?

Advertisement