Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions for a holiday

• 01-02-2005 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Hi All. I have to take about 2 - 3 weeks holidays (16.5 working {week} days*) before April and I have no idea what to do or where to go. Any recommendations? I’d be going by myself and would be hoping that flights & accommodation would come to an absolute max of about €1500, but preferably much less.

I was thinking about Vegas or LA but some of my friends were saying that 3 – 4 days would be the most you could spend in either of those places without going mad so that’s sort of put me off. Added to which, I had no plan as to what I’d do once I got there. Is there anything to do other than gamble or hunt/stalk celebrities?

I’m open to any suggestions and I really need some inspiration so if you have any ideas please share.

Thanks.

* If I ask really really really nicely then I might be able to hang onto a week till the summer so any suggestions wouldn’t have to use up all the days…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Is it just the states you're looking at?

On my experiences I would recommend Dubrovnik, Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm looking everywhere. Only reason I mentioned the US above was that with the exchange rates at the moment, it could be cheaper there than some other places.

I'll have a look at Dubrovnik. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can always get cheap internal flights while in the US - checkout jetblue.com, southwest.com and americawest.com so you can do a couple of nights in one place, then move on

Advertisement