Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google is now a domain registrar

Options
  • 01-02-2005 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

http://www.iana.org/assignments/registrar-ids

Registrar no. 895 - Google Inc.

And now begins the rumours. Will google offer Geocities like webspace for your domain, tie it into GMail to look after mail for the domain and use tools like Blogger and Picassa for updating your website ? The more information of yours they handle the better for them and all sites would naturally run their Adsense system.

Google already has Adsense for parked domains and I'm sure would love to have Adsense on even more domains.

Another additional thing is that if GMail handled your domain's email it would mean that the DomainKeys system for blocking spam would get a major boost and already GMail is using this system. With the power of Google pushing for this as well as Yahoo it could really hurt the spam terrorists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Man, Google ****ing ROCK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

haha too true,
    and now that the main programmer for firefox is on their team are we to expect a google browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

DRakE wrote:
    Man, Google ****ing ROCK
    And yet if it was Microsoft, the world would bitch no end...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Welcome to the Internet*

* "Internet" is a registered trademark of Google Worldwide Inc. and may not be used without permission

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

The Register picked up on my post which was also on my blog. I wonder will I be Reg-dotted ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

damien.m wrote:
    The Register picked up on my post which was also on my blog. I wonder will I be Reg-dotted ?
    You're famous:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/01/google_domain_seller/

Advertisement