Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fav. odd hands

Options
  • 01-02-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

i know everyones fav pre flop hand is aa, or next kk but whats your lucky "odd" starting hand, for example I have great luck with k5 or k6, I know I shouldn't play either hand by the book but I recon I win 75% of the pots with them, come on whats yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

jem wrote:
    i know everyones fav pre flop hand is aa, or next kk but whats your lucky "odd" starting hand, for example I have great luck with k5 or k6, I know I shouldn't play either hand by the book but I recon I win 75% of the pots with them, come on whats yours?

My one would be pocket 3`s... had them four times last night, and every single time I got the trip on the flop. Never got craked. I guess I win 80 % of the times with them.

That would be telling, good buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Pocket Jokers. No Jokers allowed? Well, the 85os aside, which is the best holdem hand in the world bar none, my favourite would have to be 9c2c, for reasons I wont go into here. A very good cash game hand for me is 45 suited, limp for 5 or 10 €€ with one one these beauts and take down a €300+ pot, v. enjoyable. I wouldn't say KK is my second favouite hand after aces. I dont particularly like KK. Its arguably the most difficult hand to play in Holdem. But then I dont really like any holdem hand because you only have two cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I don't think I have one yet. Potentially any hand can win, but I just judge by the table.

If everyone's betting light, and I can get a cheap flop, i'll go with Q5 or higher. If it's a really slow table and people aren't betting much all the way to the river, I might even go with J5.

Otherwise, if the people can play, i'm only going to play strong hands 9T suited or better. For now (learning) the book seems to be the best bet for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Pocket Jokers..

ya hustler! :D

sometimes KTs is a hand that is better than it should (i know there's alot of fans of this hand around here!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

my favourite would have to be 9c2c, for reasons I wont go into here.

hmmm, nothing to do with a club of love by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

There are obviously several 'players' on VC whose fav cards are 2 3 os. Guaranteed to fill a straight!! The amount of times I've been beaten on AA or KK by 2 3 or 5 6 filled full regardless of the size of bet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

8-9 off suit.... my new fave hand.
    a couple of weeks ago in the merrion free roll, i dropped this han four times after preflop raises. if i had stayed, i would have had quad 8s- quad 9s- and two full houses.

oh well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

8-9 off suit.... my new fave hand.
    a couple of weeks ago in the merrion free roll, i dropped this han four times after preflop raises. if i had stayed, i would have had quad 8s- quad 9s- and two full houses.

oh well. :D

Fold, Hit once, Fold Hit twice, Fold, Hit three times, Fold, Hit four times.

What more do you want from PoKar? He will not help those that do not listen to the signals. Go back to your Christian God my son!

Follow the Shoe!!!!! It's a sign!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

66...followed by Q8s...followed by K9s...followed by 46o I don't know why I just do ok

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

KT... its been sooo kind to me :)

Q3s is obvious but then you asked us to exclude *monster* hands.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

all low suited one-holers from ten-eight down. ie 9-7, 8-6, 7-5, 6-4 and 5-3. but the big ones like king-jack and queen-ten are truly muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Q10o Its done a few pots for me in the past, has gotten me in a little trouble along the way too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Marq wrote:
    but the big ones like king-jack and queen-ten are truly muck.

Too true. I dont even like 9 7 being in there. Your hand should try involve a 5 somewhere to unlock its true potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

as i said to some poor ranting bastard online today: "no-one expects the old flopping two pair with 8-3 offsuit trick"

this was after i had raised and called a reraise. flop was jack-eight-three rainbow and hoping that my opponent was one of those players who thinks that every massive overbet is a steal, i pushed my entire stack in for 90 dollars into a twenty dollar pot. he was one of those players. he called with sevens and i sat there laughing in the betfair lounge for a good three minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

8 5 off suite is mine. Seem to allways hit a straight or trips. most times i do throw it away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

K6suited has been a great hand for me. I always tend to raise all-in pre-flop on this hand if it's a friendly game, and if it's a rainbow down on the deck x-6-x iI tend to hit it hard in a serious game as well

Advertisement