Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must have PS2 titles?

Options
  • 01-02-2005 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Can I get a few recommendations of must have, top class PS2 games, only got a PS2 a while ago and have fcuk all games for it and havent really played it so was wondering what are the BESTorest games for it.
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

If you are into Sports games, I would consider Pro Evolution Soccer 4 to be an essential. Other good ones are Final Fantasy X, ICO, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Burnout 3... Can't really think of any more off the top of my head.

A bunch of good games are coming out soon like Gran Turismo 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3. I would have suggested Metal Gear Solid 2 above but 3 is out in March so not really worth getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

ICO

GTA, (All of them they get better as they go along) vice city, san andreas

Pro Evo Soccer (All of them are great, but again better the more recent) so 3/4

Silent Hill 2 (and perhaps 3)

Project Zero

Metal Gear Solid 2 (its so cheap, about a tenner or less secondhand these days).

I loved the Getaway despite the high difficulty level and dodgy shooting sections, loved it to bits. Stick with it and its a great game. Cheap now too.

Transformers is good.

My mates loved Medal Of Honor Frontline (I have a PC so preffered it there, but apparently it was great by PS2 FPS standards, you should also look at half life cheap as well if you don't have a PC).

Final Fantasy X

Jak and Dexter is a good platform game with nice graphics.

Gran Tourismo 3 is generally less than a tenner and well worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yes... definitely Ico... but you may have a hard time tracking down a copy.

and Ape Escape 2 is one of the other reasons I got a PS2....

The best thing about the PS2 is the selection of RPGs on it... Star Ocean: Til the End of Time was a recent one that was very good. Oh, and there are lots of great survival horror games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I always found SSX 3 great craic - I'm buying a PS2 soon and thats gonna be my first purchase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Theres plenty of quality games on the PS2, but they do tend to come in the form of an RPG. Still heres my recomendations

Final Fantasy X - Currently the best RPG on the PS2 imo.

Star Ocean: Till the end of Time- Second best RPG on the PS2 ;)

Ico- The most Beautiful Game ive ever played

The GTA series- Guaranteed to Love these games.

GT3- Can find for less than a tenner, well worh it.

Socom I & II- If your interested in online play, consider this your daddy

MGS 2- Really good game, messed up story but none the less a good game watch out for MGS3 too.

I suppose the Rachet and Clank and the Jak Series are worth mentioning they are good games after all. Thats all I can think of for now. Ill let you know if i think of anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

if u want a challenge try pick up stuntman on the cheap its a different type of driving game which is good and near the end it is near impossible i still cant get by the second last scene :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Final Fantasy X and ICO are by far the best games for the system.

Might I also suggest the unfortunately ignored Zone of Enders 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

There's no better game than Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
    Best graphics, GREAT story/plot, and awesome gameplay.
    It's a must have for any PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Yes... definitely Ico... but you may have a hard time tracking down a copy.

true...so so true! ive been searching for it for a long time now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's some more:

Gradius V, Rez, Grandia 2, Kingdom Hearts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

NEW & SOON 2 B RELEASED
    Gran Turismo 4,
    Pro Evolution Soccer 4,
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory,
    Metal Gear Solid 3,
    Killzone,
    Ratchet & Clank 3,
    Jack & Daxter 3,
    GTA San Andreas,
    Prince of Persia 2,
    Burnout 3,
    WRC 4.

PLATINUM GAMES
    Gran Turismo 3,
    Splinter Cell 1 OR 2,
    Metal Gear Solid 2,
    Ratchet & Clank 1 or 2,
    Jack & Daxter 1 or 2,
    GTA 3 or Vice City,
    Prince of Persia 1,
    Mafia.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you like arcade-style driving, get burnout 3. It rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Burnout 3 all the way. It is unbelievably good. Once I get into it I cannot stop. I am staying away from it at the moment so I can get on with some work!

Moo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Amplitude hasnt been mentioned. One of my favourite ps2 games, frequency is about as good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Three words : Soul Caliber 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

if you haven't already played it on PC get Half Life for the PS2, it's the best FPS i've played on the console and it's dirt cheap, saw it in smyths for €7.99 new

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And it's only €12 in GAME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

My favourite games for the ps2 are

Silent hill 2, disturbing and involving
    Ico, beautiful stuff, hard too
    GTA Vicecity and San Andreas
    Shadow of Memories, great plot
    SSX 3, just plain fun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Once again Ico is wonderful, gamestop here in dublin can fax around their various stores to find you a copy if you ask,
    Rez of course,
    Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is great, better than all that modified car rubbish that has marked the series of late,
    Metal Arms which is one of the most satisfiying games I have played in a long time
    And where would we be without GTA and friends.
    If you like Survival horror titles try SOS, its got you as a reporter trying to escape a city ravaged by an earthquake and the enemy is the crushed, tortured landscape, a little rough around the edges but sometimes it wil make you gasp (especially the early scenes on the bridge).
    Must also confess to quite liking Dropship, should be bought for the price of a sandwich, also Secret weapons over Normandy and Star Wars Starfighter, NOT THE JEDI STARFIGHTER ONE!!!
    Thats about all I can think of right now.

i recommend all of the Silent Hill series, for true :eek: factor!
    as Retro said Zone of Enders is great (i think i bought that off you Retro!)
    Time Splitters is good craic
    Pro Evo 4 is a must have
    Virtual Fighter 4
    The Tekken series is worth a look too!

• Advertisement

You didn't. i'm the hording collector type :D

me too! i never sell any of my games, hmmm who did i buy it off then so...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

if you haven't already played it on PC get Half Life for the PS2, it's the best FPS i've played on the console and it's dirt cheap, saw it in smyths for €7.99 new

does it have multiplayer >?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

don't think so, but it does have coop which is cool if you've got a mate who doesn't just run around dying on you

Advertisement