Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting your XBOX to a PC?

Options
  • 01-02-2005 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

What kind of lead do I need and how much are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

I take it you're connecting to the ethernet port on your pc to share a broadband connection? All you need is a crossover cable, length depending on the distance between the 2. Should be able to pick it up in any electronic/electrical hardware dept thats any good, in fact go for one of the small business that don't sell everything prepackaged like Harveys as they are normally going to rip you off for something that costs next to nothing. A local hardware or such might do you up the cable to the length you want on the spot for very little (I got mine free but then it was a mate ;) ). After that it's simply a matter of sharing your connection on you pc, connecting the 2 and starting your xbox and you're there. Considering it's microsoft I was pleasantly surprised by just how pain free it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PaddyjDunne

cheers mate. What I'm trying to do is modify a file on an emulator I have on the XBOX. It is scanning for roms in my unused F Drive. I just need to change it so it scans in my E drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

no worries mate, not sure what's the story if that's the case, one thing though, if you're using a chipped xbox don't connect to xbox live unless you've a switch to turn off the mod as otherwise xbox will ban you or so I've heard. Haven't chipped my xbox myself so can't offer any advice on seeing different drives etc, sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You just need a standard crossover cable.

There some things that need to be done on the xbox and PC before they will work properly but I'll wait till you get the cable before I start to explain that.

Advertisement