Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cafe's in Galway

• 01-02-2005 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Am looking for recommendations for a nice cafe where I could bring a friend when she visits.
    I visited her in Cork recently and she took me too tribes cafe. Is there a similar style cafe to that in Galway, if you're familiar with it?
    What cafe's would you recommend? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Banana Phoblacht I think thats how its spelt.
    its on Dominick Street Lower.

great hot chocolate the way the stuff is ment to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Definitely agree. Banana Phoblacht is the best coffe shop in Galway.

Java's used to be good but has lost it a bit over the last two or three years I think. Although at least they still stay open late.

Back when Banana Phoblacht was Apostasy it used to stay open until 4 in the morning - it was great when I was living on Dominick Street and going through my insomniac period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Banana Phoblacht is great if you want a nice hot chocolate or some fancy coffee. On a cold, rainy day go in and get a hot chocolate and a brownie, works out at like 8 euro but it's delish.

However, if you want sheer cheapness, head down the road to an Tobar Nua, havent been in there in a while but I presume it's still dead cheap, plus you get food AND GOD!

"I found God, he was hiding in my shoe."

"Get out"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There's also Café du Journal, down beside The Quays bar/restaraunt.

But Banana Phoblacht is also a grand spot for a mug.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Banana Phoblacht also has a selection of interesting newspapers and a honking great book on the Duvalier Dynasty (of Haiti fame). Go them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Thanks! I will try them out. Banana Phoblacht sounds the bizz.

Advertisement