Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Idea

Options
  • 01-02-2005 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm currently designing a Robot can can be remotely controlled i.e. send FORWARD, RIGHT etc.
    I may have a few weeks time remaining before my deadline. Does anyone have any ideas for added extras I could include in this project that could be done in 3-4 weeks.
    Thanks
    Glenman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

what type of robot is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

must have a gattling gun and a flamethrower MWahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Its got an 8051 microcontroller, it is controlled from a mobile phone over GPRS using J2ME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

a perfect 3-point-turn button?

a spin-around-in-a-circle button?

another gatling gun?

If it's just an MC+antenna on 4 wheels, there's not a lot of extra functions it can have, does it have sensors? automatic pilot? hypodermic needle loaded with cyanide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

It should have class 4 lasers built into each arm!

• Advertisement

I'm planning to use obstacle avoidance sensors as well. There is not much respect for hardware though now for a degree project

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

hmm, there are lots of things that can be done.

obstacle avoidance, as you mentioned is a good. can't crash it etc.

on top of that could be built some form of mapping capability, provided of course that the robot can return data.
    some ultrasonic sensors to detect walls, combined with odometry from the wheels can give a fair amount to play with as far as map construction goes.

follow the line?, use an irsensor to detect and follow a black line on a white surface.

hmm, since it is controlled using gprs i presume it has a mobile/modem on it.
    an interesting application would be to send a message to the phone when it detects and obstacle/intruder in room robbing house. now its a guard robot.

anyway what college are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fit a camera that can return images via the GPRS?

I'm in NUIG
    Thanks for help guys

Advertisement